• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Bloopers

21 posts in this topic

Bruce Banner became Bob Banner in the Hulk vs Thing issues of Fantastic Four 25 & 26, if I remember correctly. I think they retconned his name to be Robert Bruce Banner after this.

There was also the confusing of the alias of Dardevil with the Two-Gun Kid, Matt Murdock and Matt Hawk, in a Two-Gun Kid issue as well.

Stan had trouble keeping track of this stuff sometimes.

The issue where Hercules pulls Manhattan was when I knew that Conway and the other young Marvel writers needed to stop smoking so much pot before writing stories.

This is coming from someone who was getting high a lot himself in those days.

The output from the Marvel "bullpen" just got sloppier and sillier as the seventies rolled on (heh).

Hercules pulling Manhattan was no wackier than the average silver age issue of DC's sci-fi books which seemed to favor stories of the entire planet being yanked out of it's orbit on a regular basis.

Hercules pulling Manhattan was no wackier than the average silver age issue of DC's sci-fi books which seemed to favor stories of the entire planet being yanked out of it's orbit on a regular basis.

That's just it.

As an nine year old boy, I enjoyed the cooler Marvel stories over the goofier and sillier DC stuff at the time.

By 1974, when this issue of Marvel Team-Up came out, I was 18 and Marvel was getting just as goofy as DC used to be (in some stories).