• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - ASM 300 1st VENOM - GRADE IS IN

30 posts in this topic

GRADE IS IN 3/13/2014

9.6 OW/W

please let me know what you think - same issue as the other two, slight spine lift/roll that can be pressed

probably the best copy i've ever purchased (have not been lucky)

comic130_zps174c1949.jpegcomic131_zps3af0ed41.jpeg

I don’t think it’s trimmed at all. Some of those were funkily cut, I recall when I started collecting original books in the late 1980s and wondered "how’s that possible that they still cut those so weirdly"?

Probably timern was misled by the fact the sides of the cover seem uneven compared to the “300" graphic pattern, but it’s obviously a bit of a miscut, not trimmed.

i don't believe so. owner said he purchased all these off the rack. how could i tell?

I compared the front cover to another almost identical cut and there seems to be a shortage of, um, er, front cover? :o

Check the front cover of this copy. It has a similar cut front cover that makes for excellent comparison. Notice the difference in the amount of cover left on the last "0's". Let me know if you think I'm wrong or you don't understand what I'm trying to say.

ASM #300 CGC 9.8

When you compare the spines (top to bottom) they seem to match quite consistently. But compare the right hand edge and you will see what I mean. I hope I'm wrong and blowing smoke out my .... :wishluck:

Yes I know the top to bottom cut is slightly different but the side to side cut is very similar. That's where I thought the trim might be?

Like I said I hope I'm wrong and that other boardies will weigh in on this and tell me I'm wrong!

i don't believe so. owner said he purchased all these off the rack. how could i tell?

I compared the front cover to another almost identical cut and there seems to be a shortage of, um, er, front cover? :o

Check the front cover of this copy. It has a similar cut front cover that makes for excellent comparison. Notice the difference in the amount of cover left on the last "0's". Let me know if you think I'm wrong or you don't understand what I'm trying to say.

NEVER make this comparisions to determine trimming, especially with Copper books.

I have certain Copper books which I bought when they came out that are actually slightly less taller than other copies I bought afterwards. You can’t expect the same precision they have when they cut books now.

Hector’s copy is NOT trimmed, I bet on this.

I think it is just a miscut .A lot off 300 have wonky cuts,so hence I think the mega high prices for mega high grades.

9.4 maybe better,but the pic seems a tad blurred around the corners to me.

Jimmers

That. And not only #300s. ;)

You should see some of my miscut Charlton collection lol

I think it is just a miscut .A lot off 300 have wonky cuts,so hence I think the mega high prices for mega high grades.

9.4 maybe better,but the pic seems a tad blurred around the corners to me.

Jimmers

That. And not only #300s. ;)

You should see some of my miscut Charlton collection lol

You should post some of them! :o