• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NY Comic Book Marketplace March 1, 2014, NYC

29 posts in this topic

Might be worth the price of admission just to see what Mike Carbonaro wears. He's such an interesting guy to say the least.

If I was closer, I'd drop by. Gotta settle for a small local show instead.

Black suit, black tie with matching handkerchief in pocket. Usual silver hair but scruffy as he had not shaved. No, there was no scarf.

I forgot to take notes as to what Yee, Zurzolo, Bishop, Reece and some of the other usuals were wearing.

However, I was in a brown sweater, jeans, adidas samba sneakers wearing a newsboy cap with a black messenger bag.

Hope that helps

lol

All in all it was a pretty decent show. I liked the location of the show this year at the New Yorker instead of Penn Plaza. It was a bit winding in some cases but once you got used to it and a sense of direction it was pretty easy going from there.

Was a decent show, was in and out in about 15 minutes. CGC stopped taking submissions around 1:30, no more boxes, my only reason for going, but they were cool about it.

It sucked about CGC, but luckily Desertwind was there to take SS submissions until the end. People getting sketches done (like myself) would have been pretty much screwed otherwise.

Someone mentioned that CGC had 3x more submissions this year at the show when compared to last year.

Did anyone get any pictures? I really wanted to go, especially since they moved it to the New Yorker, but I wasn't able to.

Great show! Perez was my highlight of that show. What an incredible person he is, so humble and generous. They don't make him like George anymore :(

Big big shout out to Nicole, Bre Lilly and Mike for working their behinds off and making this customer very very happy =)

Ran out of boxes lol there's a Staples right up the block from that hotel.

He probably means comic book boxes. While you would think that there would have been supplies at the show, myself and others could not locate Hot Flips which is usually a staple at the NYC comic scene.