• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Done With Metro

159 posts in this topic

I've waited to weigh in....but here goes....

Those Metro fellas are snappy dressers (sort of Metro-sexual you might say), Frank is very tall - taller then me even, and Vinnie's wife smells good. (thumbs u

That's funny! And Rickie your wife smells good too.

Swingers!!

(tsk)

I've never done any swinging with them (..... you're referring to the park swings, I presume....) but I HAVE bought books..... always packed great and came quickly ... and I certainly hope to do it again. I returned one book.... an MIS 60 they called a 7.5 ...... I later saw the SAME book slabbed at 8.0 and sold at auction for 4 times what they charged me for it. One of my favorite books in my collection came from them..... a Suspense 23 @ 6.5 ....... which it easily is. I've said this before...... the first place I refer a newby looking for a tough book to is them...... if they don't have it, no one probably does. I don't mind paying a tiny bit extra to help sustain their presence..... like a lawyer on retainer. Awesome folks..... and by the way, Vinny...... THANKS for COMIC ZONE ....... The recorded interviews are beyond awesome..... the Maybruck one was no-holds-barred...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. One day I'll go on their site and find the Speed Carter # 3 in fine plus that I can't find ANYWHERE...........

I haven't spent enough with them to rate a bottle of wine, but I think I still deserve one of these:

Z1108.JPG

That's from my hometown! And I've never seen that can before!!

Maybe you'd rather have a 6 pack of Old Style? :baiting:

I've never tried Old Style, but if it's a working man's version of that fancy-schmancy Old Milwaukee, it might be just my speed.

Anyone else hear the rumor that Vinny is going to be on the next season of "Dancing with the Stars" ?

They offered it to Frank first, but he refused to turn down his shirt collar, so they gave it to Vinny.

Anyone else hear the rumor that Vinny is going to be on the next season of "Dancing with the Stars" ?

They offered it to Frank first, but he refused to turn down his shirt collar, so they gave it to Vinny.

Naw, that's just industry cover-up. Actually, Frank may have been a victim of cropping issues associated with letter-boxing early widescreen TV. :gossip:

FWIW, Fishler called me a little while ago and said the act of pulling the books was a miscommunication between him and one of the staff. None were supposed to be pulled from the site and that all would be put back after Thanksgiving.

So, interesting follow up- one month later and still, all Church books except for 2 are pulled off of the site. Seems like a weird move. Vincent, can you comment on this?

FWIW, Fishler called me a little while ago and said the act of pulling the books was a miscommunication between him and one of the staff. None were supposed to be pulled from the site and that all would be put back after Thanksgiving.

One Thanksgiving later, did the books ever come back?