• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Identity Crisis #5 - comments and spoilers (cover revealed)

95 posts in this topic

Does anyone know who got Barry's body when the heroes & villains swaped? We were talking about it and thought maybe it was Boomerang & he took it over to the Golden Glider for a quickie. Pun intended. crazy.gif

I like it! I think you might be onto something, Paul!

That actually makes sense. He would still retain his father's skill w/ the boomerang, but would get some of the Flash's DNA to account for the super-speed. thumbsup2.gif

Does anyone know who got Barry's body when the heroes & villains swaped? We were talking about it and thought maybe it was Boomerang & he took it over to the Golden Glider for a quickie. Pun intended. crazy.gif

I like it! I think you might be onto something, Paul!

That actually makes sense. He would still retain his father's skill w/ the boomerang, but would get some of the Flash's DNA to account for the super-speed. thumbsup2.gif

Is it DNA that connects them to speed force or Something else?

swaped

Paul, you've created a new word!

"Swape" - to force your mind into the body of another person and commit sexual acts while in said body without the real owner's consent.

Such as "I can't believe it Aunt Iris, Uncle Barry was Swaped years ago by Captain Boomerang and had a kid!"

But... Golden Glider isn't his mother.... maybe... sort of. Who was Golden Glider inhabiting? No, that doesn't work... they weren't in the heroes bodies for 9 months... then who was inhabiting Golden Glider? Black Canary? Zatanna? Sue Dibny? Ralph Dibny?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh, this is so complicated. 893whatthe.gif

And if Boomerang was in the body of the Flash, how would Digger's son inherit his skills with a boomerang when he's passing along 100% certified Barry Allen DNA?

Inquiring minds want to know.

sumo.gif I'm gonna kick your butt. sumo.gif

So swap ( mad.gif ) Golden Glider & Iris.

Iris wasn't dead, she was having a baby.

or Boomerang (in his own body) pulled a Dr. Light on Dawn Allen (Barry & Iris's daughter from the future) while she was in the present.

Or, the kid is a clone. yeahok.gif

i'm going home now... my head hurts.

And if Boomerang was in the body of the Flash, how would Digger's son inherit his skills with a boomerang when he's passing along 100% certified Barry Allen DNA?

I thought about this as I was writing my response. Would "Boomerang Skillz" be a DNA-thing, or is it a mental thing?

Could Boomerang have passed on some of his 'conciousness' (as he was inhabiting Barry's body), and Barry passes on his physical gifts? Also, I have no idea if the speed force is connected w/ DNA somehow. It is a comic book.

I can't believe we're having this discussion. tonofbricks.gif

? Also, I have no idea if the speed force is connected w/ DNA somehow. It is a comic book.

I think it could be argued that it is since all of Barry's offspring and their descendants seem to be able to access it. No to mention Johnny and Jesse Quick, and Wally's "future" children like his daughter from the Kingdom Come era.

Having these discussions is one of the joys of comic collecting! thumbsup2.gif

As well as having a place where you can ask these questions and not have people politely ignore you and move away... 893whatthe.gifgrin.gif

Well maybe we do ignore you on occasion... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gifsmirk.gif

Jim

Having these discussions is one of the joys of comic collecting! thumbsup2.gif

As well as having a place where you can ask these questions and not have people politely ignore you and move away... 893whatthe.gifgrin.gif

Well maybe we do ignore you on occasion... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gifsmirk.gif

Jim

So very true! Especially that last part! 27_laughing.gif

1449_4_166.jpg

1449_4_167.jpg

1449_4_168.jpg

"Swaped" characters:

Wizard- Superman

Floronic Man-Wonder Woman (kinky)

Blockbuster-Batman

Star Sapphire-Zatanna

Reverse Flash - Green Lantern

Unaffected:

Green Arrow

Black Canaray

Elongated Man

Hawkman

Red Tornado

...and the Flash

Golden Glider did not debut until Flash #250 (June 1977). So that definitely narrows the possibility of this child being fathered to Flash or JLA stories told around or after her first appearance up to the Flash's Trial and disappearance to the future (and his death in Crisis).

1428_4_302.jpg

I can't say that I've read this issue. But let's say Barry does have an affair with the Glider, she gets pregnant, and Barry doesn't know because she hypnotized him into doing it and when he was taken out of hypnosis he doesn't remember.

Then, let's say she strikes it up with Captain Boomerang, who has been aggressively hitting on here. She lets him think that the kid was his, but maybe he's always had some suspicions it wasn't... confirmed when the kid exhibits superspeed in IC.

But why would he deny that Golden Glider was the mother? Who else could it be?

Barry could have learned about it later, but since the kid was given up for adoption he had no idea where to look. That could be his "terrible secret".

Okay, I've been trying to find out more about this specific issue (#302).

It's part of a story arc involving the ghost of the villain the Top inhabiting Barry's father Harry Allen's body,

Hooking up with his former girlfriend the Golden Glider, they plot to kill the Flash and then have the Top would move on to the Flash's body. However, the Flash tricked him into attempting to possess him while he was still alive, and Henry Allen's spirit returned to his own body and the Top to the afterlife (#303).

But Barry is definitely under the GG's hypnotic control in #302.

Anybody have these issues to check against?

In JLA 166-168 the heroes and villains switched minds and the villains committed crimes as the heroes.

It is revealed in Identity Crisis #2 that when the villains switched bodies with the heroes in that story they unmasked them and figured out their secret identities and would have used this information against them and their loved ones. Fearing what this might do to their personal lives, most of the League agreed to have Zatanna erase the villains' memories of the event and thus protect their secrets.

In JLA 166-168 the heroes and villains switched minds and the villains committed crimes as the heroes.

It is revealed in Identity Crisis #2 that when the villains switched bodies with the heroes in that story they unmasked them and figured out their secret identities and would have used this information against them and their loved ones. Fearing what this might do to their personal lives, most of the League agreed to have Zatanna erase the villains' memories of the event and thus protect their secrets.

Yes,but it looks as if some memories are starting to come back. (OR WERE NEVER LOST 893scratchchin-thumb.gif)

Was the "fixing" of Dr. Light ever presented in a JLA issue or elsewhere, or was that an IC invention.? I'd think it would be the latter, but maybe it wasn't originally presented like it was in IC.

IC was the first time this has been mentioned, it's an "untold tale" (along with Sue Dibny's rape), a continuity implant to explain why Dr. Light went from being a formidable villain to being a bit of a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Meltzer (perhaps with input from other writers like Geoff Johns) came up with it.

Yes,but it looks as if some memories are starting to come back. (OR WERE NEVER LOST )

That's only really true with Dr. Light, the first villain they tried it on.

The Wizard, Floronic Man, Blockbuster, Star Sapphire and the Reverse-Flash are not a part of this story (except to explain that they also received the same procedure). Most of those characters are long dead or no longer active.

I don't want to go on forever about this, but I just read issues 1-5 of this series. You guys are right. It RULES!!! And for any DC series that could make me do anything other than shake my head and think "Man, was that ever dumb!" that's saying something. 893applaud-thumb.gif