• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.4 with tear on back cover. opinions please.

8 posts in this topic

imoksmiley.gif

Never seen anything like that before! Almost looks as though it occurred after it was encapsulated. I'm thinking the best thing to do would be to pay for the grader's notes and see if there was any mention of this defect because it sure as hell should be!

imoksmiley.gif

Never seen anything like that before! Almost looks as though it occurred after it was encapsulated. I'm thinking the best thing to do would be to pay for the grader's notes and see if there was any mention of this defect because it sure as hell should be!

The tear and the scuffing look consistent with the surroundings and the age of the book - it doesn't appear to have been fresh. I seriously doubt you can blame QC for this. Either the graders missed it (hard to believe, I know) or the rest of the book is smokin'!

Or, it could just be a case of, "I know nuthing, I see nuthing . . . " lol

The tear and the scuffing look consistent with the surroundings and the age of the book - it doesn't appear to have been fresh. I seriously doubt you can blame QC for this. Either the graders missed it (hard to believe, I know) or the rest of the book is smokin'!

Or, it could just be a case of, "I know nuthing, I see nuthing . . . " lol

lol!!! YA VOW KOMMANDANT!!!

Its a book on ebay that I wanted to purchase. I agree with the posts, some kind of quality error. I don't agree with the 9.4 grade. Thank you to everyone for once again helping a newbie. I am familiar with cards, PSA and BGS, so it makes it easier to understand this CGC. Thank you again.