• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do so many eBay sellers refuse to ship out of the USA?

147 posts in this topic

It always helps to message them and ask if they will. Generally people seem to do it out of convenience, and often the postage charges make buying a comic not worth it overall, but if it's something you really want then it doesn't hurt to try. I've had instances where the best price has been from a buyer from the US (I'm in the UK) and overall it's worth the shipping costs.

I am getting alot of new requests for 1st class not just to Canada. Alot of buyers still want to use 1st class in most cases it still saves them around $5-10 then using flat rate for one book.

While I wouldnt do it on a $100+ book shipping raw on smaller books I can accomodate still for the most part on smaller sales. I feel for these guys in Malaysia,Singapore, Australia and BF Egypt(America saying no offense to Egypt) that still want their comics.

It never ceases to amaze me why so many eBay US Sellers will not ship to Canada!

Don't they realize how much more potential sales they are missing out on?

Am I missing a crucial piece of information as to why shipping to Canada is so difficult for US sellers?

Is it really worth lost sales dollars?

Copied and pasted from the other thread.

It depends.

I ship non-Ebay stuff to Canada,but not Ebay stuff.

Why?

Not worth the risk for a low DSR for longer shipping times to Canada.

It`s a hassle if you sell on EBay, and could cost you your Ebay account if you get many low DSR`s because of shipping to Canada or other countries.

That`s the main reason.

Then you got tracking issues, It`s harder to track something sent to another country

I hope that explains it.

Some of my ancestors are from Canada.Nova Scotia and Montreal.

:cloud9:

I thought I'd give Canadian buyers a break and sell to them on ebay, a lot of successful transactions in the past and never anything lost (although slow, and some stiff customs fees), but too frequently I end up essentially giving the items away for free or even losing money plus the item. For example, just sold a book for $4.95 (should have set the opening bid higher) and ebay charged the buyer $5.25 for the postage. When printing the label through paypal, the (default) postage is $8.55 and nothing cheaper. So after paypal and ebay fees I lose the item and lose more money. Plus my 30 min of time dealing with it. Not worth the time to rant about or dwell on it given I do ebay mostly as amusement, but slightly annoying.

And I know it's typcially not worth listing low $ item on ebay, I only listed some assuming that they'd get picked up by other winners of bigger items.

So now I think I'll stick to Canada shipping on boardie buys here, or on items > $50 on ebay.

Looks like Atomic Avenue has had enough complaints about packages within Canada not arriving, its standards changed today.

------------------------------------

Update to Intra-Canadian Shipping Rates

Due to recent problems with deliveries within Canada, we have updated our shipping rates for intra-Canadian shipments to include tracking. The cost of tracking is already included for US sellers shipping to the US or Canada, as well as for Canadian sellers shipping to the US.

All Canadian and US sellers are now required to use tracking for all shipments.

------------------------------------