• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Offbeat's Clearout CLOSED

182 posts in this topic

This 8 ½ x 11” John Severin piece of original artwork, circa 1950, is of a couple characters that I am pretty sure were destined for the American Eagle series in Prize Comics Western. I've had it forever and can not remember exact details but I got quite a bit of Severin Prize Comics Western art, and color guides, at the same time. There are a few minor creases but it's a great bit of early from a gent whose career spanned from the Golden Age until just recently. $65

img146.jpg

Per PM :takeit:

This 8 ½ x 11” John Severin piece of original artwork, circa 1950, is of a couple characters that I am pretty sure were destined for the American Eagle series in Prize Comics Western. I've had it forever and can not remember exact details but I got quite a bit of Severin Prize Comics Western art, and color guides, at the same time. There are a few minor creases but it's a great bit of early from a gent whose career spanned from the Golden Age until just recently. Sold per PM

img146.jpg

Per PM :takeit:

Glad it went to you, Michaël. Thanks!

Archie #50 – CLASSIC Good Girl Art cover. This is one of the best covers in all of Archiedom, and in the realm of GGA. You won't see Betty like this anymore! This one always flies of the shelf ASAP. - Small bit off of lower right corner, and some kid neatly filled two small crossword puzzle. Bright, Clean, Glossy VG/VG+ with sharp off-white pages. SOLD

img150.jpg

img151.jpg

Archie #50 – CLASSIC Good Girl Art cover. This is one of the best covers in all of Archiedom, and in the realm of GGA. You won't see Betty like this anymore! This one always flies of the shelf ASAP. - Small bit off of lower right corner, and some kid neatly filled two small crossword puzzle. Bright, Clean, Glossy VG/VG+ with sharp off-white pages. $100

img150.jpg

img151.jpg

:takeit:

Archie #50 – CLASSIC Good Girl Art cover. This is one of the best covers in all of Archiedom, and in the realm of GGA. You won't see Betty like this anymore! This one always flies of the shelf ASAP. - Small bit off of lower right corner, and some kid neatly filled two small crossword puzzle. Bright, Clean, Glossy VG/VG+ with sharp off-white pages. SOLD

img150.jpg

img151.jpg

It's yours, .5! Glad this one is going to a great home. I was wavering on even posting it. ^^

ALF #48 – One of the most insane covers to ever make it past the Comics Code. ALF gets a free ride, and despite the disclaimer you know that the safety seal was damaged in the commission of the act on this cover! - NM $10

img149.jpg

Groovy #3 – Oddball Marvel '68 – looks Fine but 1/3 page coupon missing from last page. It looks like some smart kid scored themselves a sweet “Here Comes the Incredible Hulk” sweatshirt back in the day. Free at the request of first buyer.

img135.jpg

Groovy #3 – Oddball Marvel '68 – looks Fine but 1/3 page coupon missing from last page. It looks like some smart kid scored themselves a sweet “Here Comes the Incredible Hulk” sweatshirt back in the day. Free at the request of first buyer.

img135.jpg

It's yours. Fun, weird reading in this one.