• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help with Sub-Mariner #1

12 posts in this topic

6.5 - 7.0

With books like this, I always put off and put off because they are inexpensive and easy to find, then one day you go to a con and tonofbricks.gif they ain't cheap anymore! 893whatthe.giffrown.gif

Zip,

This book was the first (and last) time I was ever ripped off by a comic dealer. When I was 16, I had three copies of this book. I took the 2 dupes into my LCS, one of the first I had ever seen, and asked the proprietor what he would give me. Well, he asked what other Subby's I was missing, and "traded" a bunch of later issues for both of my dupes. Boy, was I ever robbed blind! Learned my lesson BIG TIME! sumo.gif

i'm thinking in the 5.5 to 6.5 range. except for that small chunk on the back, there are no big creases or other missing pieces, so it holds up structurally. the distributor ink stains reduce it's overall appeal, but probably won't hammer the grade too much..............

Burnt:

That's not distributor ink... it's described as "printer's ink." ??

Here's Distributor Ink In All Its Glory

Add that to the slight water damage in LLFC, and chip outta the back, plus a few spine creases, and it all adds up to about a 5.0 I'm afraid. That printer's ink definitely knocks it down at least 1.5 all by itself.