• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hammer!

26 posts in this topic

What would anyone, legitimately, want used slabs?

Jim

According to this guy, they are the 'ultimate' protection for your comic books. Maybe he should stop by the boards and check some of the threads on Shaken Comic Syndrome. foreheadslap.gif

mad.gif

Banner and I should sue for royalties on this one. We started the fad with the "Greggy Love Book". acclaim.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

I wonder if the buyer of these will live in Australia? Or is Hammer supposed to be the buyer in this scenario? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry, but it's Steve Ritter, a Washington, DC-based dealer/collector. Plus, he's not the only one who occasionally removes books from slabs!

I've bought a few nice books from Stephen... he's occasionally has a small booth at Big Apple Shows. Nice guy, accurate grading and fair prices.

BTW... I just cracked some slabs over the weekend... no need to keep midgrade ECs slabbed. It was very liberating. cloud9.gifacclaim.gif

i've cracked a few on nice mid-grade deals from e-bay, but they are CRACKED!!!!!!

don't see how you can open them without splitting the hard plastic at one or two points.......... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm working on it... I'm working on it. Since CGC has no security device on their labels I will soon be able to produce as many 10.0 books as I want. Bwahahahahahahahah!!!! devil.gif

i've cracked a few on nice mid-grade deals from e-bay, but they are CRACKED!!!!!!

don't see how you can open them without splitting the hard plastic at one or two points.......... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I believe the reason this post is named "Hammer" is because Hammer claims to have developed a procedure for opening slabs without cracking the posts. He posted his procedure here in the forums last year; the post got yanked within hours after CGC noticed it.

mad.gif

Banner and I should sue for royalties on this one. We started the fad with the "Greggy Love Book". acclaim.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

I wonder if the buyer of these will live in Australia? Or is Hammer supposed to be the buyer in this scenario? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Give it a break doc..............

Just won most of these and picked them up from Steve's place yesterday as he is moving out of town on Thursday. Had a great talk about what we collect and he's been around forever. He knows many of the local and natinal dealers and knew several of the CGC guys before CGC came abuot. Superb collector with plenty of information and funny stories to share. I regret not having met him when I first moved to DC. I would never hesitate before dealing with him again thumbsup2.gif

Still uses the 100 pt grading scale.

I love seeing those 8.2 and 8.3's and going Hmmm, what's the .1 difference?

It's called accurate grading, Bob. tongue.gif

sumo.gif