• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 300 (Update, Book Has Been Graded! PROOF)

86 posts in this topic

If you've genuinely got a 9.8 on this book, congrats to you. (thumbs u

To CGC...this is no better than an 8.5 with those colour-breaking spine stresses and you should be deeply ashamed. :facepalm:

Woot! Maybe the NM- ASM 124 I got from you will come back a 9.9 :wishluck:

To CGC...this is no better than an 8.5 with those colour-breaking spine stresses and you should be deeply ashamed. :facepalm:

On this sort of scale, that book's a 24.5 (thumbs u

On this sort of scale, that book's a 24.5 (thumbs u

I'm rich!!! :acclaim:

sometimes the light from the scanner or camera flash reflects bends and it looks like creases. I always say my books look better in hand than in the scan or picture.

+1 This is absolutely true for most scanned books that have black or dark covers. It would help if the poster would note in the description that "although the creases appear to break colour they do in fact not break colour!" Or we could just ask the question? doh!

sometimes the light from the scanner or camera flash reflects bends and it looks like creases. I always say my books look better in hand than in the scan or picture.

I know what you are talking about Paul, as I have bought books that in a scan looked much lower-grade than what I received. I have been pleasantly shocked.

But those are some deep spine stress lines, which for a 9.8 would be tough to sell. Even if only a few break color, that would be a 9.4 at best. Not NM/MT.

Are we all forgetting that this book was pressed prior to submission? If the spine stresses did not break colour then whoever pressed the book must have been able to eliminate the visible stresses?smiley-gen130.gif

I know what you are talking about Paul, as I have bought books that in a scan looked much lower-grade than what I received. I have been pleasantly shocked.

But those are some deep spine stress lines, which for a 9.8 would be tough to sell. Even if only a few break color, that would be a 9.4 at best. Not NM/MT.

I would not call it a 9.8 either, just looking for some explanation as to the grade given.

Congrats on the grade, and the CGC9.8's have risen to over $700 sales lately.

I never imagined this book in very high supply would ever bring much money. I bought multiple copies of the other McFarland's, but only one extra mid grade 300. My good one I'd call a 9.4 at least, maybe I should send it very soon.

I would not call it a 9.8 either, just looking for some explanation as to the grade given.

See my comment above! :grin: