• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conan 1 cgc 9.8 NM+/M (W) & cgc 9.6 NM+ (W)

21 posts in this topic

Hi fellow comics enthusiasts

recently, an ebay dealer whom i have bought from offered to sell his 2 copies of conan 1 for the following prices:

cgc 9.8 for US$5,000 & cgc 9.6 for US$3,000.

(guide for a nm 9.4 is $300 based on Overstreet for the past few years)

From the full sized scans he sent me, both copies have off-centered covers, though its more obvious for the 9.6 copy, but in terms of condition, not much different from the 9.8.

Anyway, in terms of eye appeal both looks somewhat dull in color tone & doesn't look newer than any 9.4s i have seen ( except maybe the covers have very sharp corners and doesn't look like its being really read), anyway, i have seen truly gorgeous unslabbed like new NM copies that looks so much better in terms of color, gloss sharpness & overall appearance.

Don't you all think the prices are way over the board now that the recently hyped third movie sequel is a goner????

Regards & thanks for reading.

Way high... I almost had a 9.8 White nicely registered for $2300 3 weeks ago... but JN had first dibs and bought it ahead of me. Anything over $2,500-$2,700 (depending on PQ and centering) is too much at this point and time in my opinion.

9.6's have sold between $900 to $1200 in recent months

I would really like a nice Conan #1 in 9.4 or better, but that's not chump change and for that kind of money I could really put more of a dent in my Batman full run!

I tell you, this year I set for myself a whole bunch of goals for 2003 - personally, financially, and for my collection. I want to get the Batman books down to 200 complete with a nice 9.4 or better of 200, but little things like a Conan #1 just really grabs my attention and piques my interest more than a Batman 204 (or another random issue) . . .

oh well . . .

DAM

"almost had a 9.8 White nicely registered for $2300 3 weeks ago... but JN had first dibs and bought it ahead of me. "

I have been monitoring ebay for a better 9.6 or better but there wasn't any since Aug or Sep until now. Where was this item offered 3 weeks ago?? Any links to the scan?? By the way who is JN?

"Anything over $2,500-$2,700 (depending on PQ..."

PQ means paper quality rite??

"9.6's have sold between $900 to $1200 in recent months ...

How do you know??

recent mths??? Where?? Please advise. Thanks again.

Regards

Bruce is referring to an offline deal he was working on.

Is this guy on crack to offer a 9.6 for $3000?!?!!?!?!??

And a 9.8 for $5000! I hate people like that...

As Bruce said, this book typically goes for $1000ish in 9.6

I haven't been on the boards of late - settling into my new SF digs - my stuff should be arriving from NJ tomorrow, including CGC books people have bought from me - sorry for the wait...

OK, back to the topic at hand..