• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are COOLING OFF on ebay!

420 posts in this topic

DC 52 NUMBER ONE`s other then Batman.

Talk about a hyped line that has cooled off.

Bring back Detective Comics and Action Comics back to their original numbering. The NEW DC 52 didn`t set the world on fire long-term as most now sit in 50 cent bins.

:)

please forward all Detective #1-5, Nightwing #1-5 and Suicide Squad #1-7 you find in the 50 ct bins. i'll give you 75 cts each, better return than a bank.

Bring back Detective Comics and Action Comics back to their original numbering. The NEW DC 52 didn`t set the world on fire long-term as most now sit in 50 cent bins.

There's that good ole hyperbole :)

please forward all Detective #1-5, Nightwing #1-5 and Suicide Squad #1-7 you find in the 50 ct bins. i'll give you 75 cts each, better return than a bank.

Exactly 75 cents lol. Plus shipping. That is crazy. I thought these were doing better but haven't looked for a while.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/action-comics-1-14-new-52-Grant-Morrison-/161165135661?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item258630cf2d

Edit. I just looked at Suicide Squad and wow ! What's up with that ? It is bringing excellent money. I only read the first few and while it wasn't terrible it wasn't very good either.

Exactly 75 cents lol. Plus shipping. That is crazy. I thought these were doing better but haven't looked for a while.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/action-comics-1-14-new-52-Grant-Morrison-/161165135661?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item258630cf2d

Edit. I just looked at Suicide Squad and wow ! What's up with that ? It is bringing excellent money. I only read the first few and while it wasn't terrible it wasn't very good either.

Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn

She does drive prices doesn't she ?

All give you $.80 forget paperheart. lol

OK I will give you Detective,Nightwing,and Suicide Squad to go along with Batman. (thumbs u

What about the other 48 titles of the new improved cutting edge 52?

Those other 48 titles for the most part,except for a hot issue here or there are now found in the .50 cent bins collecting mold and dust waiting to be recycled in the future.

I mean if they batted 50 percent which is having 26 titles of the 52 be successful then we are talking something good that the new DC 52 is, but to have over 40 titles out of 52 stink is an ultimate failure.

Also Batman,Nightwing and Detective were DC`s best sellers before the new DC 52.

The new DC 52 was suppose to bring in new readers, instead all it did was bring in speculators.

OK I will give you Detective,Nightwing,and Suicide Squad to go along with Batman. (thumbs u

Those other 48 titles for the most part,except for a hot issue here or there are now found in the .50 cent bins collecting mold and dust waiting to be recycled in the future.

I mean if they batted 50 percent which is having 26 titles of the 52 be successful then we are talking something good that the new DC 52 is, but to have over 40 titles out of 52 stink is an ultimate failure.

Also Batman,Nightwing and Detective were DC`s best sellers before the new DC 52.

The new DC 52 was suppose to bring in new readers, instead all it did was bring in speculators.

Aftermarket Value, Quality and Popularity are 3 totally different things.

True. Jupiter's Legacy is a high quality book that has nearly zero aftermarket value and doesn't appear to be overly popular.

first, i disagree with the entire premise that moderns need to maintain value to be considered successful. they are disposable entertainment, you pay your $3 and consider yourself fortunate if you can recoup $1 when/if you propose to sell them. since you seem to believe you are the ultimate arbiter of stink, who can argue with your wildly unrealistic expectations and estimates? initially, it's only 1 good title then it's 12. how many Marvel titles don't stink? Hawkeye, uh, Hawkeye. i read Animal Man and Swamp Thing- they batted 1.000 in my book.

There has been some chatter about a Suicide Squad live adaptation, maybe that has something to do with it?

you'd be surprised how many times that bin thing will happen, once its into bids people who never saw the BIN price will take it higher.

as for the JL, thats rough, but on a book that was over printed galore, has already cooled, and is a blank already slabbed....doesnt have a lot in its favor.

I was thinking that also.

Are all the books that bad, in terms of writing, art, plot, etc??? I don't read DC (MAYBE a few things here and there), so I can't really say.

first, i disagree with the entire premise that moderns need to maintain value to be considered successful. they are disposable entertainment, you pay your $3 and consider yourself fortunate if you can recoup $1 when/if you propose to sell them. since you seem to believe you are the ultimate arbiter of stink, who can argue with your wildly unrealistic expectations and estimates? initially, it's only 1 good title then it's 12. how many Marvel titles don't stink? Hawkeye, uh, Hawkeye. i read Animal Man and Swamp Thing- they batted 1.000 in my book.

1-For popularity, look at trade sales as well, and digital sales.

2-People only have limited space, time, and money (they should add this as a 7th infinity gem). Most are going to pick Batman over Dial H if they have to choose between the two. Sometimes it just comes down to that. If you can only afford 10 of the titles, you may go for 7 of the top 10, then 3 of the lower ones. Someone else may go 8 and 2, or 6 and 4. Regardless, Batman, Superman, and Justice League are going to get more buys than lesser-known title, no matter how good they are.

3-Just the fact that someone hasn't tried the title hurts sales as well. The only reason I read so many diverse titles is because I order in advance, and take the time to read the synopses of a lot of titles. If more people had a chance to read different titles, it might be a different story.