• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are COOLING OFF on ebay!

420 posts in this topic

raw Dead's on ebay is a fools errand.

last one i picked up was a #21 that arrived bent in half

From the mailing?

yep, bubble mailer and cardboard sandwiching failed.

Well that is a rare occurrence and you can't blame that on the seller (unless you paid a good buck for it).

Had that happen a bunch of times in my old appartment due to the insufficiently_thoughtful_person mailman jamming things in the mail slot.

(Worst case was a run of walking dead from 19-27 that I got for like $90. The damage wasn't too extensive to them, but just enough to bring a 9.8 down to a 9.2-9.4.

If you just take a picture of the whole situation, and send it to the seller, then the onus is on them to make things right (if it's on eBay). All they have to do is put in a damaged goods claim to the post office, and everything should be good (assuming it's the post office who caused the damage).

I make sure to get everything makred FRAGILE and DO NOT BEND now, no matter how cheap the comic is.

raw Dead's on ebay is a fools errand.

last one i picked up was a #21 that arrived bent in half

"are" :whistle:

And that would be "Deads" and "fool's" :rulez:

lol

And that would be:

And that would be "Deads" and "fool's".

Hahahahha. :insane: :insane: :insane:

Man, I took a scientific writing course a month or two ago, and APPARENTLY some grammar rules have changed.

Like, the period goes on the inside of quotation marks when they're at the end of a sentence now. (NO way I'm ever doing that).

Also, there's TWO punctuation marks I never knew existed: the "En Dash, and the Em Dash".

En and em are great Scrabble words.

The en-dash is a dash that is as wide as the letter n, and the em is as wide as the letter m.

Haha, ya. I always thought it was just two dashes together.

Is this doing it right?

em en em

I used to sell coins and paper currency, and as a whole the industry learned that auctions were simply no longer the way to sell things. You rarely see quality coins and paper currency being sold at auction now.

As the sellers become more savvy and the quick flippers die off you will see fewer and fewer auctions.

I think the last book I sold at auction was a Forever Evil #1 3D

But then you have Black Science #2 Which had an auction earlier today at $26 lol

This reminds me of what we saw with Cryptozoic Man when it was bringing over $100 for 1 and 2 way back on December 3rd. I was able to pick up the BS #2 x 4 copies for cover. I think the odds of me cashing in by the time I receive them are pretty long. I don't recall comics shooting up and going back down so quick in the past. I'm starting to wonder if this is the new norm or if this is a short term deal. What do you guys think ?