• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are COOLING OFF on ebay!

420 posts in this topic

For those reasons I actually believe IM 55 in a decent grade is a keeper and will never be a "cheap" book again.

-J.

I agree, it wont ever be cheap, and having the 1st app. of a GotG member is probably better for it in the long run than Thanos imo.

I do think there will be a good buying opportunity in the future though, and someone seeking my advice, i would suggest they wait for it.

since its the cooling off thread.

How are these holding up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-of-Bane-Special-1993-1-and-Batman-497-1ST-CGC-9-8-/221306083194?pt=US_Comic_Books

compared to before the movie. I never really followed it, but I assume $112 each for 9.8s is less than during the hype?

I don't think that's how it washes out here price wise. 497 is a $40 book do the math

lol I was being a bit tongue in cheek with this post.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-of-Bane-Special-1-CGC-9-8-1st-Appearance-of-Bane-/111181578185?pt=US_Comic_Books

last auction(not BIN) of Ven 1 went for $160, i genuinely dont know what the 9.8s peaked for, how does it compare to right before the movie's release? I would assume it must be down a fair bit is it not?

I can't really speak on Thanos from an unbiased perspective because of how many copies of IM 55, CM 33, and other various Issues featuring Thanos I own, but I will say this. You don't start introducing the infinity gems if you are not leading up to some kind of Infinity Gauntlet type movie.

My own take is that the other gems are going to be revealed in the next Avengers and GotG movies, along with Thanos as well and then an actual Infinity Gauntlet movie. There has been too much focus on the Infinity gems at this point to come to any other conclusion.

I can't really speak on Thanos from an unbiased perspective because of how many copies of IM 55, CM 33, and other various Issues featuring Thanos I own, but I will say this. You don't start introducing the infinity gems if you are not leading up to some kind of Infinity Gauntlet type movie.

My own take is that the other gems are going to be revealed in the next Avengers and GotG movies, along with Thanos as well and then an actual Infinity Gauntlet movie. There has been too much focus on the Infinity gems at this point to come to any other conclusion.

Agreed, all the signs are there. I think they will introduce a gem in avengers, GotG, next Thor and they will use Thanos as a way to tie everything together.

the infinity gauntlet will be in the movie where thanos is finally fought directly, and likely avengers 3, with the remaining gems being brought in during the movies leading up to it.

That will not be the end of the Avengers, or Marvels plans though, just the beginning. They definitely are moving towards being able to do their big "events" in the movie. Dont be surprised once fox has its universe set up, if everything is still humming along, that eventually we get AvX even.

I want to see Planet Hulk as the next Hulk movie. The last one was decent, but they can do much better with 'Ol Jade Jaws IMO.

Anything has to be better than the Man-Thing movie they did though. Does anyone remember that?

of course, we all want to pay as little as possible. nothing to do with your post really, but that strategy has burned me lately though as I passed over dozens of NM 98s over the years sitting in $2-$5 boxes because I wanted to get it for $1 and preacher 1s at $10 because I wanted it at $2-$5....(not to mention lower grade Iron Man 55s for $15 I thought should be under $10...). seriously, all books i wanted to hoard big time, but only at the right price. had i been a little less cheap i'd have that new roof i need or be able to finish my basement or pay off all my non-mortgage debt.

Well, it depends obviously on how much money you are talking about. If its $1 versus $5, time to man up and bite the bullet if its something you want :)

The general point i was making was for me Personally, I give a lot more credence to an auction determining real value, because it involves many more people. All of whom have the option to pay more if they wanted, and didnt (vis-a-vis the final sale price).

I think BINs tend to be skewed high, and as a buyer I want to buy something with downward pressure on the price, not upward. As a seller, obviously I want maximum return, with zero risk of taking a bath. BIN-OBO all day.

I do recognize and understand the points people are making, I just think our hobby and the tools available to judge market value, are biased towards BIN and inflated valuations. These are just my thoughts and opinions, and what I do.

Lastly, on IM55. Please dont try and buy it, wait until the Avengers have killed him + 3 months, and get it on the cheap.

Cheers

lol I hope youre right! :wishluck:

And the odds of Ultron being anything but Ultron in name is pretty high. I sincerely doubt anyone will recognize the character that will be called Ultron on the big screen and equate it to the character called Ultron in the comic book. Just my 2c

of course, we all want to pay as little as possible. nothing to do with your post really, but that strategy has burned me lately though as I passed over dozens of NM 98s over the years sitting in $2-$5 boxes because I wanted to get it for $1 and preacher 1s at $10 because I wanted it at $2-$5....(not to mention lower grade Iron Man 55s for $15 I thought should be under $10...). seriously, all books i wanted to hoard big time, but only at the right price. had i been a little less cheap i'd have that new roof i need or be able to finish my basement or pay off all my non-mortgage debt.

Well, it depends obviously on how much money you are talking about. If its $1 versus $5, time to man up and bite the bullet if its something you want :)

The general point i was making was for me Personally, I give a lot more credence to an auction determining real value, because it involves many more people. All of whom have the option to pay more if they wanted, and didnt (vis-a-vis the final sale price).

I think BINs tend to be skewed high, and as a buyer I want to buy something with downward pressure on the price, not upward. As a seller, obviously I want maximum return, with zero risk of taking a bath. BIN-OBO all day.

I do recognize and understand the points people are making, I just think our hobby and the tools available to judge market value, are biased towards BIN and inflated valuations. These are just my thoughts and opinions, and what I do.

Lastly, on IM55. Please dont try and buy it, wait until the Avengers have killed him + 3 months, and get it on the cheap.

Cheers

And the odds of Ultron being anything but Ultron in name is pretty high. I sincerely doubt anyone will recognize the character that will be called Ultron on the big screen and equate it to the character called Ultron in the comic book. Just my 2c

Embarrassingly, I am talking about Avengers 55, not Iron Man 55. :blush:

Cheers

Embarrassingly, I am talking about Avengers 55, not Iron Man 55. :blush:

don't u mean Avengers 54?

It's weird, eBay themselves tries to tell me that auctions do "23% better" or something like that, but I have books that I have tried to sell starting at 99¢ with $3.00 shipping and got no action, yet I put it out with a $5.99 BIN with free "standard" shipping, and some of them sell that way.

:shrug:

-slym

that's likely auctions over the entire site. I think collectibles(with the price knowledge that comes with them) would buck this trend, especially for things that arent in limited supply.

(thumbs u

The hype that was Jesus Island was short lived.

Aside from 3rd eye, I only see two other completed listings on Ebay.

It was my shops best selling creator owned / indy last week.

overall reaction is overwhelmingly positive.

Just because you WANT it to fail...'

Doesn't necessarily mean it will...

:)

What other creator owned /indy titles came out last week? doh!

And hot at 1 shop doesn't mean it's hot anywhere else.

The Saviors? (shrug)

Which was actually pretty good. (thumbs u

I went to the old LCS today and they had a 20% off sale. I picked up Sandman 8 in Nm- to NM ( I going to need to take a long look at it tomorrow. ) for $16 which I thought was great and I also picked up Nm to Nm+ copies of Infinity Gauntlet 1,2,3,4, and 5 for only $2.80 each. lol

Then I come home and see that I could have done almost s well from here.

Infinity Gauntlet 1-6 auction $17.50 :screwy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Infinity-Gauntlet-1-6-NM-/161176133038?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2586d89dae

It was a good day either way.

I think you did better buying them in hand than spending $28 (including shipping) on NM "I am not a professional grader" books that are pictured in such a way that you have no idea what grades they're in.

Always. (thumbs u

it will likely never fall to the pre-movie levels, but imo it sure will drop significantly once his storyline is done and in the rearview mirror.

That has been the case with all the movie villains so far, and while the delay of him being teased before actually fought has made this one more long term. Once he's done and gone, the same pattern should follow.

Shame, since he's one of the most interesting and complex characters out there (though the recent Inifinity story has forgotten most of that, and done much to erase any character developement that came before).

For those reasons I actually believe IM 55 in a decent grade is a keeper and will never be a "cheap" book again.

-J.

I agree, it wont ever be cheap, and having the 1st app. of a GotG member is probably better for it in the long run than Thanos imo.

Please tell me this comment is a joke.

:o

I was interested in this book (Jesus Island) so I stopped by LCS to grab some on release day. I had 3 in my hand and they limited me to 2. I went back a few weeks later and they are still there. lesson learned? Sell while the iron is hot.

I was interested in this book (Jesus Island) so I stopped by LCS to grab some on release day. I had 3 in my hand and they limited me to 2. I went back a few weeks later and they are still there. lesson learned? Sell while the iron is hot.

THAT'S a lesson learned?!

Vapid.

THAT'S a lesson learned?!

Vapid.

Aren't they suppose to be taken off the shelves after a month?