• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archie Comics CEO Sued For Calling Employees “*Pe nis*"

26 posts in this topic

Your link doesn't work for me, but this one does.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2516869/Archie-Comics-CEO-Nancy-Silberkleit-didnt-harass-employees-WHITE-MEN.html

Interesting part of this article is below:

The female CEO of Archie Comics, who has been accused of sexual harassment by five employees says she can't be guilty of the accusations - because her employees are all white men.

Nancy Silberkeit argues in legal filings that the employees who are suing aren't from a 'protected class' of people - and therefore their claims of harassment aren't legally viable.

Hopefully the Daily Mail is mischaracterizing her defense, because if she really is saying that there are "protected" and "unprotected" classes of people you can and can't harass, I'll be absolutely shocked if it works. ???

I was sexually harassed when I worked at Safeway while in college. It was awesome. And dirty. Mostly because I worked in the bakery. But still dirty and awesome.

I was sexually harassed when I worked at Safeway while in college. It was awesome. And dirty. Mostly because I worked in the bakery. But still dirty and awesome.

Was she attractive? And had she not been, would whatever she did have been awesome? hm

Back in my days as a Fed, I was instructed to attend diversity training. After about an hour or so, I was bored and raised my hand with a question.

I stood up and looked at the rather larger 'woman of color' as she had described herself who was the instructor..

"'Am I a person of non-color or am I a non-person of color?" I asked.

I was excused from the remainder of the classes. Some folks gave me the fish eye, some gave me a thumbs up.

Unlike almost every other Federal agency, the Census( at least in NY) is dominated by people who qualify for minority status. Luckily, there was often a need for a token white guy who had a good looking suit, so I got to attend a lot of social functions on the Gubermints dime.

Was she attractive? And had she not been, would whatever she did have been awesome? hm

You're too quick to assume it was a woman that harassed him. :baiting:

:eek:

You're too quick to assume it was a woman that harassed him. :baiting:

:eek:

:blush:

Roll her in flour did we?

Yeast. :cloud9:

lol

All the boys were sexually harassed at a summer job I did through school, in 1980. The only girl in the class chased all the boys around, and kicked us as hard as she could, below the belt. I was scared to go to work.

That incident made the news IIRC. The bakery manager claimed it was the other way around, however.

doughboy.jpg

Roll her in flour did we?

Yeast. :cloud9:

lol

Roll em in the flower and aim for the wet spot

All the boys were sexually harassed at a summer job I did through school, in 1980. The only girl in the class chased all the boys around, and kicked us as hard as she could, below the belt. I was scared to go to work.

Someone should have kicked her in the box.

-slym