• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Panorama Prints

31 posts in this topic

Chris,

Hi, I was wondering. Do you know if the creators will get anything via reprint rights for their artwork being used?

I think it will depend on what deal they had with the publishers/copyright holders.

Given the time frame of most of these images (20+ years old) it's probably under whatever original terms they were contracted under at the time the art was created.

The people licensing the images from Marvel are paying Marvel. I don't know if Marvel is paying anyone else.

Those pictures on the Tanga site are very misleading, it states the size of the canvas is only 36" x 12"

From those pictures it seems like they are at least 5 feet long if not bigger.

Peace,

Chip

Wow, you're right. I'm such a visual person I didn't read the actual dimensions.

In the Iron Man image there's a lot of 'measurement identifiers'.: 5X7 photo, 12" album covers, desk lamp hood probably around 3.5 inches. Those twin stacks of album covers, roughly 2 feet, making a 6 foot dresser.

I'm guessing whoever did the ad shot just scaled the art up until 'it looked good', with no attention to scale. Nothing nefarious, just sloppy.

Actual size, if 36", would be roughly from the right edge of the turntable to the left edge of dresser. Thickness would be one of those album covers turned on end.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Ftanga-images%2F9knd2337z9gd.jpg

Those pictures on the Tanga site are very misleading, it states the size of the canvas is only 36" x 12"

From those pictures it seems like they are at least 5 feet long if not bigger.

Peace,

Chip

Wow, you're right. I'm such a visual person I didn't read the actual dimensions.

In the Iron Man image there's a lot of 'measurement identifiers'.: 5X7 photo, 12" album covers, desk lamp hood probably around 3.5 inches. Those twin stacks of album covers, roughly 2 feet, making a 6 foot dresser.

I'm guessing whoever did the ad shot just scaled the art up until 'it looked good', with no attention to scale. Nothing nefarious, just sloppy.

Actual size, if 36", would be roughly from the right edge of the turntable to the left edge of dresser. Thickness would be one of those album covers turned on end.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Ftanga-images%2F9knd2337z9gd.jpg

What's a turntable? ???

lol

Based on an album being 12", I resized the print to about 3x the width of the turntable, which may still be adding an inch or three to the actual size. Original representation greyed out in back. This is a pretty serious misrepresentation that they should address immediately.

11212183673_1c734dd268.jpg

Based on an album being 12", I resized the print to about 3x the width of the turntable, which may still be adding an inch or three to the actual size. Original representation greyed out in back. This is a pretty serious misrepresentation that they should address immediately.

11212183673_1c734dd268.jpg

I think that's the website seller's mock up pic.

The manufacturer makes these up to 90" so it's possible the retailer is using the wrong image.

Meaning this is how they are presenting it to the public, correct? A little off is reasonable, but their version is almost double the reality.

I don't mean to bash, I think it's a great product (although as an art director they could be designed a little better), I just think they will save themselves some potentially disappointed customers by showing it accurately. Yes it lists actual dimensions but I'm sure many will overlook that in favor of what they see in front of them.

Edit: missed the 90" part, so all good as long as that is made clear in their advertising

Meaning this is how they are presenting it to the public, correct? A little off is reasonable, but their version is almost double the reality.

I don't mean to bash, I think it's a great product (although as an art director they could be designed a little better), I just think they will save themselves some potentially disappointed customers by showing it accurately. Yes it lists actual dimesions but I'm sure many will overlook that in favor of what they see in front of them.

I just mean that the actual manufacturer makes them in sizes up to 90" in length and it looks like an error by the end retailer. He's got a 36" canvas and he's using the wrong template. He should fix it.