• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Half man, half horse...the mythical Centaur...work in progress

129 posts in this topic

Fun thread, Gator. :applause:

You've probably already addressed this, but I guessed I missed it.

What prompted you to start collecting the Centaur run again?

same reason I collected in the first place... I love all these early artists and writers...couple that with the scarcity and difficulty (challenge) in collecting, it is just pure fun! and hopefully this time unlike last time, some poor real estate investments won't prompt my necessity to sell :wishluck:

Covers are amazing and classic. on a background do you know how many issues were published by them and the years the publisher existed??

I believe 292 diff comics published under centaur and its predecessors 1938-1942 are primary years for centaur with 1936 the comics magazine and 1937 under chesler

Nice seeing these all in sequence in one thread. :applause:

Good luck on the quest! :wishluck:

IMG_0865_zpse22e6467.jpg

I read the main centaur thread twice and don't recall seeing this AMF #19 before.

:applause: Great books so far and definitely looking forward to the rest of the books in the thread.

I'm pretty sure I've never seen it either

IMG_0865_zpse22e6467.jpg

I read the main centaur thread twice and don't recall seeing this AMF #19 before.

:applause: Great books so far and definitely looking forward to the rest of the books in the thread.

It's a toughie; not Amazing-Man 26 tough, but probably still rare?

Looks like a beautiful copy, rick! :applause:

I thought I posted the Larson in the Centaur thread, but maybe not...

IMG_0865_zpse22e6467.jpg

It's a toughie; not Amazing-Man 26 tough, but probably still rare?

Looks like a beautiful copy, rick! :applause:

I thought I posted the Larson in the Centaur thread, but maybe not...

well from my perspective it is a lot tougher than AM 26. I've seen 6-7 of those thanks to these boards. And this is the first time I recall seeing this book.

JB might have shown me his copy, but with everything else he showed me that day it would hardly have stood out