• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steranko Fiction Illustrated #3/Chandler Deluxe Edition

9 posts in this topic

I got the rest of the digest-sized Fiction Illustrated ages ago but it has taken me years to finally land a copy of the magazine-sized #3, "Chandler Deluxe Edition" (as advertised on the last page). I always figured it was exactly the same as the digest, but in magazine format. This deluxe volume is actually a pretty formidable thick, squarebound TPB, on high quality paper. Aside from the logo change to "Chandler", ISBN, and $4.95 cover price it is page-for-page the same as the digest. The Son of Sherlock Holmes, #4, seems fairly common but this one drove me frigging apes#!7! forever. Since my search took so long I'm curious as to if anybody else out there had such a heck of a time finding this version.

img171.jpg

I got the rest of the digest-sized Fiction Illustrated ages ago but it has taken me years to finally land a copy of the magazine-sized #3, "Chandler Deluxe Edition" (as advertised on the last page). I always figured it was exactly the same as the digest, but in magazine format. This deluxe volume is actually a pretty formidable thick, squarebound TPB, on high quality paper. Aside from the logo change to "Chandler", ISBN, and $4.95 cover price it is page-for-page the same as the digest. The Son of Sherlock Holmes, #4, seems fairly common but this one drove me frigging apes#!7! forever. Since my search took so long I'm curious as to if anybody else out there had such a heck of a time finding this version.

img171.jpg

I actually had a copy of that back in the day. It was one of the few misc items that I could not sell when I got out of the hobby. I may still have it stowed away at my parent's old house somewhere.

Nice. I didn't even know that there was a signed edition. I finally landed a fine plus copy of the unsigned Deluxe last year. There were several lower grade copies available at that time, but they were all severely overpriced.

Bleeding Cool says that Dark Horse is working on an Artist's Edition of this classic. It's going to have Steranko's commentary for every illustration. There's no street date for it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it.