• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biggest Super-Hero break-outs of the last year.

23 posts in this topic

Just made a list on the Lyria boards on which characters I thought were the biggest break-outs in the last 365 days. I thought I would ask the good people of CGC to check it out and see if they agree or disagree. I'd be anxious to get a solid list down that 80% of the industry agreed upon.

(thumbs u

List at the Lyria Boards

Biggest break outs like in story telling, or biggest in value increases? Not withstanding it's hard to know if value increases - or story telling for that matter - will last.

Assuming value, it's mostly made up of books tied into movies A quick list that comes to mind:

Avengers 55 (and 54 to a smaller degree)

Marvel Super-heroes 18

Nova 1

Marvel Premiere 15

Iron Man 55

Marvel Feature 1 (1st series - Defenders)

Incredible Hulk 271

Superman's Pal JO 134

On the more expensive side

B&B 28

JLA 1

On the horizon, if not already there

Hero for Hire 1

Defenders 1

Just made a list on the Lyria boards on which characters I thought were the biggest break-outs in the last 365 days. I thought I would ask the good people of CGC to check it out and see if they agree or disagree. I'd be anxious to get a solid list down that 80% of the industry agreed upon.

(thumbs u

List at the Lyria Boards

It appears that User Name had a better year than Password. I like Password's chances in 2014!!!

:acclaim:

(thumbs u

List at the Lyria Boards

It appears that User Name had a better year than Password. I like Password's chances in 2014!!!

:acclaim:

(shrug)

Biggest break outs like in story telling, or biggest in value increases? Not withstanding it's hard to know if value increases - or story telling for that matter - will last.

Assuming value, it's mostly made up of books tied into movies A quick list that comes to mind:

Avengers 55 (and 54 to a smaller degree)

Marvel Super-heroes 18

Nova 1

Marvel Premiere 15

Iron Man 55

Marvel Feature 1 (1st series - Defenders)

Incredible Hulk 271

Superman's Pal JO 134

On the more expensive side

B&B 28

JLA 1

On the horizon, if not already there

Hero for Hire 1

Defenders 1

:headbang:

Also, why no Forever People 1? That seems like it is breaking out...

I suppose this list is somewhat my own personally opinion on the intensity of the popularity of the characters and those chasing them. Basically when I'm looking on the homepage, how often do I see these characters and their various hot books pop up over and over. Perhaps the list should be more about percentage gained. hm