• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool Book + Story---Opinions Wanted Please

8 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I have been selling some books in my collection to pay some bills this time of year...... BTW please PM me if there is something you are interested in.

Anyways my partner Chris and I were talking about this book we got done a long time ago.

Here is the story-

My partner knew Dr. Watson and we were able to get him to sign some books. Dr. Watson lives in our area and Chris got to know him well. He is a very respected....and also controversial scientist. He won the Nobel Prize for basically discovering DNA format with his partner Francis Crick.

We searched all over for covers that had DNA Helixes on them and could only find this book and a Y The Last Man #1 (which we are keeping at 9.8)

Anyways the movie came out recently and it reminded us of this book. It could be a cool collectible for the right kind of comic fan.

EndersShadowDrWatsond.jpg

Please share your opinions with me----

Do you think anyone would want this book?

What should I sell this book for?

Where should I sell this book?

Thanks very much!

I think Heritage or another auction house might be your best bet, but not so much as a comic as a verified signature of a Nobel prize winner. Ebay wouldn't give it the exposure it deserves. I think autograph collectors would only approach the auction houses and reputable establishments for this kind of signature. I think the fact that it is on a graded comic book is going to be negligible. As for what to charge for it, take a look at Heritage auctions for other Nobel Prize winning autographs (living). It should at least give you a ballpark of what to expect.

Congrats to you for such a unique book. You have all the cool things! :applause:

The problem with this book is Orson Scott Card's name is on it. Card's political stance on the LGBT community makes him a really hated man the word Nobel and him do not belong in the sentence. I think the other problem is its a very limited amount of people who would want his autograph on top of that, but most people want a copy of Watson's book Double Helix if they do want his autograph on something or something directly related to him. His autograph goes for about $100-$150.