• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Factor 5 & 6

254 posts in this topic

I was going to pick up at least a 6 some time back to flip, but man I just can't get behind these Singer XFilms. I'm waiting for one day when the fans stop coming and these books are no longer as bankable. I noticed a lot of the Spidey movie ties don't jump like they used or at least to a much lesser extent...I kind of feel it's partially because the reboot hasn't been received all that great. The true Marvel movies usually clean up with their first appearances unless you are someone utterly crappy like Malekith.

And with all the chatter about how much to make off of these books, are we losing sight of how cool a character Apocalypse really is? The same with Mister Sinister. Both are tied in to some fantastic storytelling.

Someone sent me a So Much Fun reprint of UXM 221 as a freebie. A low-distribution comic.

th_comic_collection001_zpsd2e439d1.jpg

I did something crazy. I read the comic book.

:o

I forgot how powerful Mister Sinister was/is. Right in the beginning of the book, he comes close to strangling Sabretooth for his part as a Marauder in failing to kill Madelyne Pryor back in UXM #215. What a way for a villain to start out in a major title like UXM.

:applause:

th_comic_collection004_zpsf2009477.jpg

And I hadn't realized this. But before his 1st appearance, Mister Sinister makes a cameo appearance in UXM #213 as a shadow figure. But it makes sense, since he was behind the scenes leading the Marauders' actions.

And with all the chatter about how much to make off of these books, are we losing sight of how cool a character Apocalypse really is? The same with Mister Sinister. Both are tied in to some fantastic storytelling.

Someone sent me a So Much Fun reprint of UXM 221 as a freebie. A low-distribution comic.

th_comic_collection001_zpsd2e439d1.jpg

I did something crazy. I read the comic book.

:o

I forgot how powerful Mister Sinister was/is. Right in the beginning of the book, he comes close to strangling Sabretooth for his part as a Marauder in failing to kill Madelyne Pryor back in UXM #215. What a way for a villain to start out in a major title like UXM.

:applause:

th_comic_collection004_zpsf2009477.jpg

And I hadn't realized this. But before his 1st appearance, Mister Sinister makes a cameo appearance in UXM #213 as a shadow figure. But it makes sense, since he was behind the scenes leading the Marauders' actions.

I always thought the name Mister Sinister was a ridiculous name. Sounds like a Power Puff girl villain.

Oh, I agree. It's like "Mister Bad Guy" or "Villain That Shall Beat You Up". But the character can do real damage, taking the stories to new heights.

Exactly what I look for in a great comic book antagonist.

:cloud9:

I don't get the speculator run-up on villain first appearances. They appear in the movie then are inevitably killed. The next film there's a new villain. It's not like the hero who appears in every film and is constantly in the public's eye. The only exception in comic films I've seen to this is Loki, and that's because him and Thor are the Yin and Yang of the whole narrative and can't really be separated.

Anyone Notice that #6 about 20 percent of them have chip in the top right corner. It seems to be a factory thing to me.

A few on ebay have this problem too. I just looked at my copies and 4 have it.

Look at your copies..

Is it a factory thing ?

Check out the price jump on ASM #9 since Electro was first confirmed. Might not be a bad time to snag an ASM #15 (1st Kraven) or #36 (1st Shocker) for future flicks.

I did it didn't move up all that much up unless it was more recent. I sold my copy a few months ago. Made a profit but nothing crazy. I also followed GPA on ASM 6 to see what that trend was pre movie and then as movie approached and that was rather weak as well. I think Rhino has seen a better spike from what I have recalled reading but didn't really follow it closely.

I don't get the speculator run-up on villain first appearances. They appear in the movie then are inevitably killed. The next film there's a new villain. It's not like the hero who appears in every film and is constantly in the public's eye. The only exception in comic films I've seen to this is Loki, and that's because him and Thor are the Yin and Yang of the whole narrative and can't really be separated.

I think it all goes back to Batman 1989. It spiked a lot of Batman books and especially Joker ones. I think people always hold out hope this will occur again and there maybe that one break out villain with staying power. However, I agree it's few and far between. I had bought some Thor 344, 347's cheap last year but looking at prices before the movie I didn't even feel it was even worth my time to sell. Those 2 villains especially Malekith were so weak it's a good thing they most likely won't be back even in a comic based film universe.