• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink December

128 posts in this topic

Is there some sort of agreement between Heritage and Clink that the Heritage Signature auctions must always close before the Clink Featured auctions?

I know that a lot of folks spend most of their money on the Heritage auction, so perhaps its just my curiousity that would like to see if there would be any significant changes to final auction prices? (shrug)

Is there some sort of agreement between Heritage and Clink that the Heritage Signature auctions must always close before the Clink Featured auctions?

I know that a lot of folks spend most of their money on the Heritage auction, so perhaps its just my curiousity that would like to see if there would be any significant changes to final auction prices? (shrug)

So comicconnect is going to have a fire sale :banana:

I don't get the prices on this auction at all
Let's break down the sales. That is always fun.

Obviously that Byne ASM cover sold for a lot less than it did earlier this year.

I also noticed that the FEAR ITSELF: THE FEARLESS #2 COVER sold for about $600 less than I offered for it earlier this year. Keep an eye on this one. Let's see if it appears on EBAY within the next couple of weeks.

I don't get the prices on this auction at all
Let's break down the sales. That is always fun.

Obviously that Byne ASM cover sold for a lot less than it did earlier this year.

I also noticed that the FEAR ITSELF: THE FEARLESS #2 COVER sold for about $600 less than I offered for it earlier this year. Keep an eye on this one. Let's see if it appears on EBAY within the next couple of weeks.

I was the underbidder in both auctions. Takes two to Tango so not sure there will be a huge bidding war for it. Great Piece!!!

I didn't bid in this auction as I am digesting some recent acquisitions but I thought the Giacoia avengers 73 panther splash and the dillin hawkman chapter splash were the steals of the auction. I offered substantially more for the giacoia splash to the owner 2 months ago and since have made other acquisitions and so did not bid last night.

Other good values:

andru ff (inhumans) page at 400

colan dd splash 2100, wouldn't surprise me to see this restored and priced at 4k-5k on a dealers site

colan subby end page 2400, thought this would go over 3k

everett tta 89, 1500 thought around 2500

right on target

Colan TOS all iron man page: right on target 4200, my favorite panel page in the auction

Frank MIller DD 170 fight page 5500, i think this went right where i expected

Trimpe Nick Fury Cover 15k, just a great cover for 10 percent of the cost of a steranko

Jim Lee Btaman Hush inkwash 15k, I guess not surprising given the stength of hush pages and such a great image but still a very healthy result

Strong prices

Brunner doc strange page inked by sal, thought this would go below 1k

Finch New avengers spiderwoman splash: 2600 wow. I love finch and a great page but thats half the price of my cover with cap and ironman

Finch thor pencil 980 very strong for no inks IMO

I love finch and collect him so I am happy to see him get healthy prices but i though both of these were very strong

Frenz Doom pinup 4100 WOW

What do you guys make of the miller wolverine page. i think if it wasn't colored it would be a10k page. I'm pretty sure it was offered on ebay 2 years ago for less than the current BIN of 8k

Please share it with us, Chris. Some of need to live vicariously through you...

lol I had vowed to not spend any more this year. Bigger fish to fry and all that, and it's nothing most people will care about, but it's something I really love. It's also a line that was lifted straight from the comic and is used memorably in the film.

From The Crow #2

RAD149E020131111_17163.jpg

This piece of artwork eludes me yet again. Years ago I am pretty sure that it was offered over eBay and I should have hit the buy it now back then. I bid more than three times what I believe it went for back then and still lost. If a boardie picked this up and ever wants to talk... please let me know. I am pretty sure that I was the underbidder.

I was the seller back in 2005. I remeber that auction well. It sold for 750 which was almost 5x what I paid for it at the time.

A few things went cheap, I thought:

-Art Adams JIM 622 cvr = $1.8K

-Andru GS Spidey #4 (lots of Spidey) = $1.3K

-J Buscema Subby 1 cvr recreation (pencil) = $1.4K

-J. Busceman FF 297page = 280. It should sell at $500+ all day long, every day

-S. Busceman Subby 25p14 = $484. In light of the recent uptick in Subby prices, this one sold for half price

-Cho Dejah Thoris = $2K. What would this sell for a few years ago???

-Colan Dracula #62p23 = $313. Someone stole this lovely half-splash

-Davis Avengers Prime #4cvr = $950 (Cap, Thor, IM cover)

-Ditko ASM 32p18 = $48K. I realize $48K ain't cheap, but this one really harkens to that classic storyline and I thought it went pretty cheap compared to other Ditko ASM pages. I was thinking $65K+

-Epting Captain America #24 cvr = $757. Cheeeeeeap!

-Heck Avengers 29p15 = $1.4K. Nice page bought at half price.

-Greg Horn She-Hulk 16cvr = $676. I'm not a fan of Greg Horn, but this one has She-Hulk replacing ol' Greenskin in battle with Wolverine and Wendigo. I figured this would have sold for around $2K

Here's some stuff that sold for decent prices (I think):

-Cardy My Real Love (8pg story) = $2.1K

-Coipel Thor 6 cvr = $5.3K

-Davis X-Men 213p3 = $1.75K

-Frenz FF 326 cvr = $4.8K

-Frenz FF 358 Dr. Doom pinup = $4.1K

-Garcia Lopez DC Style Guide cover = $3.25K

-Harris Ex Machina 17 cover = $1.7K

Your thoughts?

-S. Busceman Subby 25p14 = $484. In light of the recent uptick in Subby prices, this one sold for half price

-Ditko ASM 32p18 = $48K. I realize $48K ain't cheap, but this one really harkens to that classic storyline and I thought it went pretty cheap compared to other Ditko ASM pages. I was thinking $65K+

-Greg Horn She-Hulk 16cvr = $676. I'm not a fan of Greg Horn, but this one has She-Hulk replacing ol' Greenskin in battle with Wolverine and Wendigo. I figured this would have sold for around $2K

Your thoughts?

I'm with you on most of them.

The Davis 213 page seemed strong given the content.

The Harris Ex Mach cover seemed a little light actually given that most better covers sold in the $1500-2000 range and this has a great image of Hundred in costume, which a lot of covers don't. I would not have been shocked at the price until it got to around $2500.

Your thoughts?

The Harris Ex Mach cover seemed a little light actually given that most better covers sold in the $1500-2000 range and this has a great image of Hundred in costume, which a lot of covers don't. I would not have been shocked at the price until it got to around $2500.

Hiya, Chris:

I know that what the Harris Ex Machina covers used to go for, but I haven't seen any at that price level in a while.

I thought this went for pretty cheap at $276: BISHOP THE LAST X-MAN #1 VARIANT COVER by Jeanty and Vines.

Pretty inexpensive for a cover with a fairly strong image, especially with Bishop set to appear in the new movie.

I can't find that one in the auction results.

Your thoughts?

Hiya, Chris:

I know that what the Harris Ex Machina covers used to go for, but I haven't seen any at that price level in a while.

Well the line art for this cover sold at auction recently for over $1200....

17031_900x1350.jpg

$1700 for a full in costume cover seems cheap. There weren't many that featured the full costume like this.

J. Busceman FF 297page = 280. It should sell at $500+ all day long, every day - agreed

Was Buscema still doing full pencils by then?

I thought this went for pretty cheap at $276: BISHOP THE LAST X-MAN #1 VARIANT COVER by Jeanty and Vines.

Pretty inexpensive for a cover with a fairly strong image, especially with Bishop set to appear in the new movie.

I can't find that one in the auction results.

You're correct, I thought I had it bookmarked from that auction, my mistake. :makepoint: