• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

57 points

5 posts in this topic

And 53 points for another

Probably the most difficult books to obtain from the go-go check run in high grade are the romance books. They just were never collected, protected, and cared for like the war books and the superheroes...

If it wasn't for the Savannah pedigree, I would have none as opposed to three. But as hard as they are to find, and for the amount of money they sell for in high grade, they just aren't anywhere near as valuable as their war & superhero counterparts in the registry.

While I am excited that the book below just came back from CGC, I am more disappointed that it is worth about half the points of a hero book in equal grade.

Ah well, it isn't the points, it's the books themselves, and this one is beautiful.

Happy Hunting!

Lee K

P.S. The 53 point book is an issue of Girls' Romances that is also a 9.2 from '66 or '67

14828.jpg

See more journals by Lee K

As a rule of thumb, I think that the CGC gives you about 1 point per $ of a book's current sale price. At least this approach makes sense comparing points given for a lot of my books with average sale prices at GPA. Of course sometimes you may get 2 points per GPA $, sometimes less, it is not an exact science (as some sale prices vary greatly, especially for rare books).

If you feel that something is completely wrong with your 57 points, you can try to contact Gemma, she has listened to my complaints about points before :)