• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Journey of a True Comic Book SELLER

75 posts in this topic

Ultimately, I will have to address the abysmal treatment I have received on these Boards. I never really knew how poorly I'd been treated until other threads opened my eyes. As almost everyone who is anyone knows, in 1986 I published Science Fiction and Fantasy Series & Sequels, a book found in almost every library of the United States (and nowehere else). No such compilation had been done prior to that point, so this naturally made me the undisputed King of Science Fiction and Fantasy Series & Sequels Information Compiling.

Not content to be merely one king, however, in 2001 and 2005 I published The Ultimate Guide to Pulps and Bookery's Guide to Pulps respectively. The world immediately crowned me the King of Pulps... (well, actually this is shorthand, as the official registered title I hold is The King of Pulp Data & Price Compilation-Type Guy, Sub-Category Reference Materials...but King of Pulps is just easier to remember).

Despite my 30 years as a comic dealer, and my undisputed Kingness in these two areas, I have been at times called names on these boards, have people suggest I was "crazy", some didn't "get" my jokes, but most damaging of all, despite all I have done for the hobby some members here who should know better (Bedrock, Ciorac, Dale Roberts, many more, but I'm not here to name names... yet!) have had the audacity to openly disagree with me on some of my opinions! Some have even gone so far as to offer counter-arguments to show why I was "wrong".

If these Boards are ever going to develop into the informational resource that I believe they can, then I believe this rude pummeling of Hobby Royalty must cease.

BUT... I DIGRESS...

This will all be brought to light in a later thread in which the verbal lashing that many here so richly deserve will be a true thing of shock and awe... but the important thing now is for me to summarize my Journey as a comic book seller.

As many of you are aware, much of the country today is under threat from a massive winter storm. Our area is under various Warnings for ice and snow. Nevertheless I drove in to work this morning. Despite all of the hulabaloo, the roads were surprisingly open and free of ice, due to salt trucks and the like. I got to work with no problems whatsoever. The trip was approx. 6 miles.

Thank you.

Sometimes we have to just lighten up and smell the pulp paper we all have our own opinions about everthing.We joke we laugh we criticize each other but in the end we are all lovers of one thing the love of paper and history.In the end we are all brothers and sisters in it for the long haul with our own quirks,hope you have a great day smelling the paper!

Sometimes we have to just lighten up and smell the pulp paper we all have our own opinions about everthing.We joke we laugh we criticize each other but in the end we are all lovers of one thing the love of paper and history.In the end we are all brothers and sisters in it for the long haul with our own quirks,hope you have a great day smelling the paper!

You bully!

Despite my 30 years as a comic dealer, and my undisputed Kingness in these two areas, I have been at times called names on these boards, have people suggest I was "crazy", some didn't "get" my jokes, but most damaging of all, despite all I have done for the hobby some members here who should know better (Bedrock, Ciorac, Dale Roberts, many more, but I'm not here to name names... yet!) have had the audacity to openly disagree with me on some of my opinions! Some have even gone so far as to offer counter-arguments to show why I was "wrong".

Thank you.

It is possible I will soon be changing my board name and theoretically I may even stop posting altogether.

Or not.

Thank you.

It is possible I will soon be changing my board name and theoretically I may even stop posting altogether.

Or not.

Not theoretical? Or not not?

Thank you.

Or not.

yes

Or not.

I do not wish to burden the Board with having this out right now... but if I recall correctly, once, during a debate about collecting trends or somesuch, it wasn't enough that you expressed some disagreement with my position, but if I am not mistaken, you actually sunk so low as to bring forth data to support your counter-argument!

That indeed was a low blow, sir! I retained my outward composure at the time, of course, as is the wont of my position, but can say now without fear of embarassment my honourable crown was wounded. Wounded! Were it not for the thankful richness of my blue blood, I might fairly say the blood pressure could have well tremored and I could well have paled o'er!

Thank you.

Or not.

yes

I knew it!

Or not.

I do not wish to burden the Board with having this out right now... but if I recall correctly, once, during a debate about collecting trends or somesuch, it wasn't enough that you expressed some disagreement with my position, but if I am not mistaken, you actually sunk so low as to bring forth data to support your counter-argument!

That indeed was a low blow, sir! I retained my outward composure at the time, of course, as is the wont of my position, but can say now without fear of embarassment my honourable crown was wounded. Wounded! Were it not for the thankful richness of my blue blood, I might fairly say the blood pressure could have well tremored and I could well have paled o'er!

Now you've gone and done it. Bedrock, Ciorac, Dale Roberts, and the others you will name later are, at this very moment, changing their names, identities, personal information, and are in the midst of abandoning the Boards to escape your righteous indignation.

I have it from a very reliable source (the voice in my head) that at least one of these scoundrels is attempting to enter the Federal Witness Protection program.

Well done, King of Pulps, well done.

I would ask a favor, my liege. It is becoming increasingly difficult to keep track of the various members of royalty that we have here on the Boards. If you could have one of your scribes compile a list, it would be most helpful to your loyal subjects and would allow us to remember who's word we must accept without question.

So we know Mitch is the King of Comics and you are the King of Pulps. I believe Strawman has proclaimed himself the Viscount of something. And I think we can all agree that Mitch's friend Theo is the Archduke of Leopard Print Man Panties. Saint Beerbong is, of course, untouchable. Am I forgetting anyone?

Or not.

Now you've gone and done it. Bedrock, Ciorac, Dale Roberts, and the others you will name later are, at this very moment, changing their names, identities, personal information, and are in the midst of abandoning the Boards to escape your righteous indignation.

I have it from a very reliable source (the voice in my head) that at least one of these scoundrels is attempting to enter the Federal Witness Protection program.

I would ask a favor, my liege. It is becoming increasingly difficult to keep track of the various members of royalty that we have here on the Boards. If you could have one of your scribes compile a list, it would be most helpful to your loyal subjects and would allow us to remember who's word we must accept without question.

So we know Mitch is the King of Comics and you are the King of Pulps. I believe Strawman has proclaimed himself the Viscount of something. And I think we can all agree that Mitch's friend Theo is the Archduke of Leopard Print Man Panties. Saint Beerbong is, of course, untouchable. Am I forgetting anyone?

The Captain of Crimson Pantaloons. :acclaim:

Or not.

O Captain, My Captain! :hi:

Or not.

Ahoy there! :headbang:

Or not.

And of course Black Walter. :baiting: