• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Journey of a True Comic Book SELLER

75 posts in this topic

Bedrock has alot of great books so you have to love him for those ,Adamstrange has ever book published,Michael is just a nice person until he wants your Planet 15 to complete his run,Bill is just your number one Bats fan with alot of knowledge of the hobby,Cheetah has the most amazing books i wish i had and only could dream of,Gator could be my son for the love of those Centaurs and the same interest in the same books we have have.When it all comes down to one thing boys its show and tell back in school and the love of those crazy little books we call comics,just enjoy what we have while we are still above ground.Where all one happy family aren't we boys and girls!

Drunken sentiments are just fine and appreciated. Sometimes I think I overdo it on the show-and-tell, but if I didn't, I think I would feel like Smaug; having the treasure but never enjoying it. You guys just have to put up with occasional fits of over-posting.

Quite the reverse

Bedrock has alot of great books so you have to love him for those ,Adamstrange has ever book published,Michael is just a nice person until he wants your Planet 15 to complete his run,Bill is just your number one Bats fan with alot of knowledge of the hobby,Cheetah has the most amazing books i wish i had and only could dream of,Gator could be my son for the love of those Centaurs and the same interest in the same books we have have.When it all comes down to one thing boys its show and tell back in school and the love of those crazy little books we call comics,just enjoy what we have while we are still above ground.Where all one happy family aren't we boys and girls!

Drunken sentiments are just fine and appreciated. Sometimes I think I overdo it on the show-and-tell, but if I didn't, I think I would feel like Smaug; having the treasure but never enjoying it. You guys just have to put up with occasional fits of over-posting.

Quite the reverse

Thanks, Michael. You have a golden heart.

Quite the reverse

Absolutely agree. Jeff, you can never post too much. When you post we get to enjoy your books right along with you. The same goes for everyone who shares their books with us. That's the number one reason why I log on each morning...to see great books and to talk with the happy folks who share them.

That's the number one reason why I log on each morning...to see great books and to talk with the happy folks who share them.
What he said x10!

Some of the high points of my year are when I manage to get together with other collectors to look at funny books. In between those times I have the Boards.

Quite the reverse

Absolutely agree. Jeff, you can never post too much. When you post we get to enjoy your books right along with you. The same goes for everyone who shares their books with us. That's the number one reason why I log on each morning...to see great books and to talk with the happy folks who share them.

Absolutely +1.

That's the number one reason why I log on each morning...to see great books and to talk with the happy folks who share them.
What he said x10!

Some of the high points of my year are when I manage to get together with other collectors to look at funny books. In between those times I have the Boards.

And the boards have you - a virtuous circle.

I despise those creatures. Present company excluded of course.

There are other forms of the word I am quite fond of, but the four legged feline variety not so much

As a birder, cats are not at the top of my favorites either, though they always seemed fond of me for some reason. This became a particular problem when in my late 20s I developed a severe allergy to them. Even now (as in just today) I have to have my staff de-bag any collection that comes in from a cat-owner before I can work on it.

I'm mad at Tim b. c. He sold all his centaurs before I started collecting them. Ded to me I tell you ...ded!

I suspect you have some of them. There aren't that many Centaurs around, and I've always wondered where many of them ended up over the years. I lost my listing of them a long time ago when I switched computers without realizing that the file didn't make the transfer. I only had two definite pedigrees... a White Mountain #1 (I'm thinking it was Amazing Mystery Funnies) and a Church book (but I don;t remember what it was). A couple of others were likely also Church books, but I couldn't prove it.

What's a pulp?

:grin:

One of these days I'll take the time to post some of the rarities I used to own... some likely have only 1 or 2 existing copies. I'd have done it by now, but posting images often gives me fits.

You guys are so nice, I'd think you were a bit too deep into a batch of eggnog.

I can tell you it wasn't eggnog but close keep posting those awesome

books that's the only way some will ever be seen.

What's a pulp?

:grin:

One of these days I'll take the time to post some of the rarities I used to own... some likely have only 1 or 2 existing copies. I'd have done it by now, but posting images often gives me fits.

please-please-boy-sad-000383-large.gif