• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool 3-D Cover Recreations & Commissions by Red Simon Art - Take a Look!

20 posts in this topic

I wanted to introduce the boards to a cool new artist I happened to come into contact with recently and his work is really unique, and as far as I know, there isn't anything else out there like this. I was going to post this in the original art section but I chose comics general because I think this might appeal to more than just your regular comic art collector.

Reggie Lewis is the artist and his work is a cross between sculpture and painting. His company is called Red Simon Art. He hand sculpts and paints these intricate pieces of comic art on commission. I'm not affiliated with his artwork in any way other than I am thinking of purchasing one for my office. I recently had the opportunity to see 3 of these pieces in person and I felt compelled to let people know about them because I was so impressed and I don't think the majority of the comic collecting community is even aware of this.

The first thing I want to say about these pieces is the images on his website do not do them justice. I don't think these 3-D pieces can be properly captured using a camera. When I saw them at first in the images - I definitely thought they were cool but it wasn't until I saw them in person that I felt the need to get the word out. One of the pieces I saw in person was the Walking Dead #19 Cover Recreation and it is a stunner. The piece comes alive in person. Nearly every aspect of the pieces are 3-D and are built on layer upon layer of intricate, hand painted carvings. The piece looks completely different head on and at an angle. A suggestion to Reggie, a high def video may be the best way to show these off on his web site. The 3 pieces I saw were large, about 20" x 30" in size. I'm sure he does them in a variety of shapes and sizes.

Here is a link to his website if you would like more information or would like to check out other pieces he has done. He has pieces in his gallery that are available for purchase and he takes commissions regularly.

http://www.redsimonart.com/index2.php#/home/

Also, I've attached some images I pulled from his website below for you to take a look at.

Too bad Reggie doesn't post prices. And the shopping cart does not work in Firefox or Safari on any of our Macs or iPad. He's got killer x-acto skills, though. Good luck to him - nice big pieces are always fun to display.

These are waaaay out of my price range, but the really cool things always are!

I really liked the Forever Evil 3D covers, but you win!

You do great work!

Hope you get lots of orders and everyone POSTS PICS!

Best of luck!