• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apology

881 posts in this topic

I haven't read this whole thread, but I know a bulk of it in the beginning revolved around the "Kav" user being bashed for being a noob. Rightfully so, since he had it coming with his rebuttals and terrible threads.

HOWEVER… I think there is a point to be made by this. In no relation to him, I do think that us new users really get bashed a bit too much. There's not many ways to please the more experienced users. There are too many fine lines on this forum.

If you post new threads, not many people comment in them unless you really screw up, which in that case prepare to get your flame shield ready. Any opinion of a new user gets brushed off and there are a lot of unsaid rules and inside jokes. (I have no problem with this, just be aware that it can be discouraging to new users)

I work in a paramilitary-style job, so I'm aware I need to be cautious and bring this up gently, because those of you who are more seasoned, mature users don't always take well to newbs like myself.

Any advice you can give so people like myself don't create these "Friday Threads"? Seems most rookies get burned bad or flicker out. Also if this is inappropriately placed, feel free to let me know.

You are not an azzhat,so you don't get flamed.

When one comes on all guns a blazing,who think we should bow to their points of view.They are the ones that seem to meet their fate here.We really are a simple group,who really does want new people to join.Just don't be an azz.

Kav...who were you before you were banned?

Or are you an active boardie?

Huh? I'm banned? How do I keep posting-weird. Mods can detect when someone tries to re enter boards with new identity....strange. I guess it's a compliment that you can't believe i'm just some new guy but must be some master criminal from the past....

Then how would you know what "face-jobbing for grandpa" meant?

Oh, can the mods here detect when someone tries to re-enter the boards with a new identity? hm

Kav...who were you before you were banned?

Or are you an active boardie?

Huh? I'm banned? How do I keep posting-weird. Mods can detect when someone tries to re enter boards with new identity....strange. I guess it's a compliment that you can't believe i'm just some new guy but must be some master criminal from the past....

I have been here for a couple of years now. I wrote that line and I still don't know what it means.

(shrug)

I have been here for a couple of years now. I wrote that line and I still don't know what it means.

(shrug)

It's pretty obvious: grandpas eventually get so old they require help in the face-jobbing dept.

Just saying. It is possible.

It's possible I have a copy of Action #1 in my walls somewhere. But i don't go around saying I do.

So, you're saying you might have some cool books to sell? hm

Oh, in that case, all is forgiven! :D

See, I can forgive! :banana:

meh

I'll wait and see. ....If they're junky DC's than F him.

He might just have a big stash of FF52's. hm

I heard that's a super hot book hm

I haven't read this whole thread, but I know a bulk of it in the beginning revolved around the "Kav" user being bashed for being a noob. Rightfully so, since he had it coming with his rebuttals and terrible threads.

HOWEVER… I think there is a point to be made by this. In no relation to him, I do think that us new users really get bashed a bit too much. There's not many ways to please the more experienced users. There are too many fine lines on this forum.

If you post new threads, not many people comment in them unless you really screw up, which in that case prepare to get your flame shield ready. Any opinion of a new user gets brushed off and there are a lot of unsaid rules and inside jokes. (I have no problem with this, just be aware that it can be discouraging to new users)

I work in a paramilitary-style job, so I'm aware I need to be cautious and bring this up gently, because those of you who are more seasoned, mature users don't always take well to newbs like myself.

Any advice you can give so people like myself don't create these "Friday Threads"? Seems most rookies get burned bad or flicker out. Also if this is inappropriately placed, feel free to let me know.

Here's the thing.

When someone is new someplace, anyplace, they should take some time and get the lay of the land and see how things work. That is the same here as it is in real life with face to face interaction. The only people that seem to have problems here are the ones that go off half-cocked and presume to understand something enough to stride in and blast away.

There might be a situation where there are inside jokes or a long running feuds or large amounts of back story that would help them understand what they are getting in the middle of before they get in the middle.

Some people look for that context to their interactions before interacting.

Some people jump in, as in this thread, and presume to know the "white hats" from the "black hats", take a side, blast away, and begin insulting and demeaning everyone in a show of some sort of keyboard bravado that, ultimately, shows that they just don't understand how boardie interaction really works.

New guys who just try to understand the place and the people first and don't presume to be above it all, or better than it all, or smarter than it all tend to get along better and see that this place isn't so difficult after all.

I think you'll do just fine. I haven't seen you post telling people to put on "big boy pants" or talking about what "punk" move they learned about from reruns of "Yo MTV raps" on the 80's channel. lol

Rule #1 - don't act like a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, and you won't get treated like a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

-slym

I thought rule #1 was "spend a ton of dough in the sales threads and you can be as big a doosh as you like". (shrug)

I appreciate the responses Oakman, Comix, and Slym.

I also don't mean to make this place seem unwelcoming either. It seems like a fantastic site since I don't have many friends who are keen on collecting comics lol.

I hope Kav sees what you guy's have had to say and absorb the advice.

Rule #1 - don't act like a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, and you won't get treated like a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

I thought rule #1 was "spend a ton of dough in the sales threads and you can be as big a doosh as you like". (shrug)

That is the experienced posters' rule #1, not the noobs' rule #1.

-slym

"Any advice you can give so people like myself don't create these "Friday Threads"? Seems most rookies get burned bad or flicker out. Also if this is inappropriately placed, feel free to let me know."

Stay AWAY From "Comics General"

Yes, only hang out in the Gold section.

:D

-slym

I appreciate the responses Oakman, Comix, and Slym.

I also don't mean to make this place seem unwelcoming either. It seems like a fantastic site since I don't have many friends who are keen on collecting comics lol.

I hope Kav sees what you guy's have had to say and absorb the advice.

Oh I forgot one thing.

Kav is not a new lister.

He's what's called around here, a "shill".

That's a forum member who's been banned, or is on a suspension, or has burned too many bridges or is too much of a panty waist to speak to people from his original screen name.

That was a big chunk of the vitriol you witnessed here today and it was stirred up by someone looking that attention.

That will happen here from time to time. It makes it seem like the place is harder on new members than it should be, but guys like him are anything but "new".

Oh I forgot one thing.

Kav is not a new lister.

That's a forum member who's been banned, or is on a suspension, or has burned too many bridges or is too much of a panty waist to speak to people from his original screen name.

That was a big chunk of the vitriol you witnessed here today and it was stirred up by someone looking that attention.

That will happen here from time to time. It makes it seem like the place is harder on new members than it should be, but guys like him are anything but "new".

Ah I see. Yeah I'm familiar with Shill accounts, I didn't realize he actually was one. That makes a lot more sense. People with Shill accounts have way too much time on their hands. Stirring up threads and constantly trolling on a comic book forum seems a pretty lame way to live your life.

Oh I forgot one thing.

Kav is not a new lister.

Ah I see. Yeah I'm familiar with Shill accounts, I didn't realize he actually was one. That makes a lot more sense. People with Shill accounts have way too much time on their hands. Stirring up threads and constantly trolling on a comic book forum seems a pretty lame way to live your life.

lol Unfortunately, that's not an activity exclusively reserved for shills around here.

"Any advice you can give so people like myself don't create these "Friday Threads"? Seems most rookies get burned bad or flicker out. Also if this is inappropriately placed, feel free to let me know."

Stay AWAY From "Comics General"

Yes, only hang out in the Gold section.

:D

-slym

:gossip: At least hang out there when Mitch isn't in session.

Oh I forgot one thing.

Kav is not a new lister.

So Anand 'Kav' Kaviraj has been here before under another account? Any idea what his ebay id is? Seems like a person to avoid.