• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apology

881 posts in this topic

Y'all know he has a sales thread, started yesterday, I'm guessing?
I never would have guessed.
Would you have guessed he is pimping "movie hype" again. Demon #1.. Seriously..

He also says he won't sell to anyone on "His List"… Very reminiscent of another infamous boardie. Maybe Beige will actually reveal his list with his 10,000 post.

He also says he won't sell to anyone on "His List"… Very reminiscent of another infamous boardie. Maybe Beige will actually reveal his list with his 10,000 post.

I don't care, and I can not stand the carnival barker BS that he uses to try and convince people they should buy his books. I do not understand why people do this.

And Misquoting GPa in this other thread.

Never ends... I hate that we can't blast people in sales threads when they are being shady.

Never ends... I hate that we can't blast people in sales threads when they are being shady.

Me too! We have boardies here who have proven to be shady and untrustworthy but yet we can't say anything in their sales threads as it can lead to a wrist slap. doh!

Me too! We have boardies here who have proven to be shady and untrustworthy but yet we can't say anything in their sales threads as it can lead to a wrist slap. doh!

I find that absurd. We have somehow lost the sense of community we had due to the "rules" catering to the d bags. I wonder if we just filled threads with Emoticons we would get in trouble? Just 20-30 people eating popcorn, maybe people would catch on?

I find that absurd. We have somehow lost the sense of community we had due to the "rules" catering to the d bags. I wonder if we just filled threads with Emoticons we would get in trouble? Just 20-30 people eating popcorn, maybe people would catch on?

I tried that recently with a boardie who was recently severely bashed for eBay practices and his attitude around here. I posted one popcorn icon and I was accused of being a troll and being passive aggressive in his sale thread....was asked to leave it. lol

Even popcorn icons can be considered trolling in their sales thread. :)

There is movie hype on demon 1? I don't keep up with any of this stuff.

I tried that recently with a boardie who was recently severely bashed for eBay practices and his attitude around here. I posted one popcorn icon and I was accused of being a troll and being passive aggressive in his sale thread....was asked to leave it. lol

Well Mark, but be honest: you were trolling, in an otherwise normal sales thread. ;)

Well Mark, but be honest: you were trolling, in an otherwise normal sales thread. ;)

I posted a popcorn icon. meh That's not trolling. He turned it into an issue. People post popcorn icons all the time.

I posted a popcorn icon. meh That's not trolling. He turned it into an issue. People post popcorn icons all the time.

You are right, but I was not talking of the popcorn icon (it was Andrew which stressed it, and unwillingly caused the stir), rather of the follow-up.

What I just mean is, leave aside the specific person, all that is said implying a moral judgement on the person is not good. You know perfectly that Brock’s character is what it is, and people just use that as an excuse to became judgemental on him as a person, not simply on possible behavior which is right to criticize if it’s not correct.

With the average quality of the responses he got in his eBay thread, he has all the rights to be offended, regardless of the criticism, which may be legit.

BTW, to clarify: I also think Brock has a not-so-great character, and he may have been offensive to people (often unwillingly), but one thing is one person's character, which you cannot change by mere willpower in a single day, and another is his effective honesty. You can’t measure the latter with precision in any given case, and if you could, it would still be a form of judgement on the person.

If one limits himself to criticize what he deems bad, you would be correct. It’s what happens beyond that which is not good. :)