• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apology

881 posts in this topic

Back on this thread topic for a second......

This was in his thread from this week...... I put a box around his claim for easy viewing

GPAThreadlie_zps7cc1ff9e.jpg

Not ONE of those books is ever under GPA at all, much less "CRAZY :ohnoez: UNDER GPA"

Everyone ignored that thread but I don't believe this type of behavior is indicative of someone who's sorry and changed their ways.

This was in his thread from this week...... I put a box around his claim for easy viewing

Not ONE of those books is ever under GPA at all, much less "CRAZY :ohnoez: UNDER GPA"

Everyone ignored that thread but I don't believe this type of behavior is indicative of someone who's sorry and changed their ways.

Shipping from Australia is expensive so maybe he means including that cost?

I tried that recently with a boardie who was recently severely bashed for eBay practices and his attitude around here. I posted one popcorn icon and I was accused of being a troll and being passive aggressive in his sale thread....was asked to leave it. lol

Even popcorn icons can be considered trolling in their sales thread. :)

Well Mark, but be honest: you were trolling, in an otherwise normal sales thread. ;)

I posted a popcorn icon. meh That's not trolling. He turned it into an issue. People post popcorn icons all the time.

You are right, but I was not talking of the popcorn icon (it was Andrew which stressed it, and unwillingly caused the stir), rather of the follow-up.

What I just mean is, leave aside the specific person, all that is said implying a moral judgement on the person is not good. You know perfectly that Brock’s character is what it is, and people just use that as an excuse to became judgemental on him as a person, not simply on possible behavior which is right to criticize if it’s not correct.

With the average quality of the responses he got in his eBay thread, he has all the rights to be offended, regardless of the criticism, which may be legit.

Honestly, I wasn't terribly offended by the responses that were posted in that thread. Although calling my honesty and integrity into question may have gone a little far.

At the end of the day, the situation was handled appropriately (not necessarily the best way possible) to those who were involved. Last time I checked, it wasn't a single board member who was involved. Yet I'm dishonest, untrustworthy and have zero integrity? And I should review my business model (which is essentially buy low and sell high)?? While the latter two were somewhat offensive, ultimately I just lol at those people.

As for what Mark did, it absolutely was 100% trolling. :popcorn: or not, you knew what you were doing and get all "whoa is me...pity party" when called out. You made it clear that you want nothing to do with me or our company...so why even waste your time if not to harass. And yes, you were asked to leave and if you continue to have this horrible attitude, don't come back please.

I tried that recently with a boardie who was recently severely bashed for eBay practices and his attitude around here. I posted one popcorn icon and I was accused of being a troll and being passive aggressive in his sale thread....was asked to leave it. lol

Even popcorn icons can be considered trolling in their sales thread. :)

Well Mark, but be honest: you were trolling, in an otherwise normal sales thread. ;)

I posted a popcorn icon. meh That's not trolling. He turned it into an issue. People post popcorn icons all the time.

You are right, but I was not talking of the popcorn icon (it was Andrew which stressed it, and unwillingly caused the stir), rather of the follow-up.

What I just mean is, leave aside the specific person, all that is said implying a moral judgement on the person is not good. You know perfectly that Brock’s character is what it is, and people just use that as an excuse to became judgemental on him as a person, not simply on possible behavior which is right to criticize if it’s not correct.

With the average quality of the responses he got in his eBay thread, he has all the rights to be offended, regardless of the criticism, which may be legit.

Honestly, I wasn't terribly offended by the responses that were posted in that thread. Although calling my honesty and integrity into question may have gone a little far.

At the end of the day, the situation was handled appropriately (not necessarily the best way possible) to those who were involved. Last time I checked, it wasn't a single board member who was involved. Yet I'm dishonest, untrustworthy and have zero integrity? And I should review my business model (which is essentially buy low and sell high)?? While the latter two were somewhat offensive, ultimately I just lol at those people.

As for what Mark did, it absolutely was 100% trolling. :popcorn: or not, you knew what you were doing and get all "whoa is me...pity party" when called out. You made it clear that you want nothing to do with me or our company...so why even waste your time if not to harass. And yes, you were asked to leave and if you continue to have this horrible attitude, don't come back please.

:popcorn:

Shipping from Australia is expensive so maybe he means including that cost?

After what he went through before.....if that were the case....he'd probably want to be crystal clear on it. lol

Also GPA's prices come from venues like Ebay or auction sites where the seller is netting 10-20% less than sales price. So the cost basis of those GPA prices are even lower.

At the time of this thread the X-men 317's GPA was $90.

At the time of this thread the Spider-man and his amazing friends had a GPA last sale of $202 and an average of the last three sales of $149.

As I mentioned, given the past, he should probably avoid rounding off the edges and items easily and independently verifiable.

BTW, to clarify: I also think Brock has a not-so-great character, and he may have been offensive to people (often unwillingly), but one thing is one person's character, which you cannot change by mere willpower in a single day, and another is his effective honesty. You can’t measure the latter with precision in any given case, and if you could, it would still be a form of judgement on the person.

If one limits himself to criticize what he deems bad, you would be correct. It’s what happens beyond that which is not good. :)

I'm just curious, what has Brock done that was dishonest?

I've seen that Brock has strong opinions about certain topics and issues, but I've never known him to be dishonest. I've done a lot of business with Brock over the past few years, and he has always treated me fairly. I've never had any issues and would strong recommend him to others.

Having different opinions and not being afraid to voice them does not mean someone has bad character or is dishonest. Either support your comment or remove it. It is unfair to call someone dishonest.

BTW, to clarify: I also think Brock has a not-so-great character, and he may have been offensive to people (often unwillingly), but one thing is one person's character, which you cannot change by mere willpower in a single day, and another is his effective honesty. You can’t measure the latter with precision in any given case, and if you could, it would still be a form of judgement on the person.

If one limits himself to criticize what he deems bad, you would be correct. It’s what happens beyond that which is not good. :)

Are we talking about the same guy who was contemplating taking the tatooz from an FF #252 to replace the missing ones from an ASM #238?

People here always crow about their honesty and integrity, but actions speak louder than words.

I've seen that Brock has strong opinions about certain topics and issues, but I've never known him to be dishonest. I've done a lot of business with Brock over the past few years, and he has always treated me fairly. I've never had any issues and would strong recommend him to others.

Having different opinions and not being afraid to voice them does not mean someone has bad character or is dishonest. Either support your comment or remove it. It is unfair to call someone dishonest.

Cool books :cloud9:

Are we talking about the same guy who was contemplating taking the tatooz from an FF #252 to replace the missing ones from an ASM #238?

People here always crow about their honesty and integrity, but actions speak louder than words.

^^

I've personally dealt with Brock on a couple of purchases recently, and haven't had any issues. I would definitely do business with him again.

2 cents

Also he listed a copy of Hulk #340 on eBay. The comic was a 9.6, he mistakenly listed it as a 9.8 in the header. But the picture and write up were clear it was a 9.6 Someone bought it then after winning asked him to cancel the auction because they thought it was a 9.8. He got his panties in a bunch and was attempting force the buyer to still buy it. They he began a thread in CG explaining this, gave the eBay users name so we all could block this person who made a mistake. Stated that he was blocking them and was thinking about doing a NPB thing on eBay. The comic sold for way over GPA for a 9.6 and he appeared to want to capitalize on the buyers mistake. :popcorn:

So for anyone who cares that appears to be very dishonest. You could have one million transactions with said seller, it is what it is.

On June 9th the six month self imposed suspension is up!

:whee:

:popcorn: Will he return and be ALL NEW and ALL DIFFERENT??? Will Oak stop being the naked chubby spidey? :popcorn:

:roflmao:

So may unanswered questions Dave. Will his fan club rejoin his ranks??? Will he start new threads to hype comics he is hoarding and planning to sell??? Will he make new threads in hopes they will be locked and get the -5 in that dumb game??? Inquiring minds wanna know! :banana::popcorn:

I say that he remains unseen and forever stays tied with Cal.

It appears Dave did stop being the naked chubby spidey. :cloud9:

Also he listed a copy of Hulk #340 on eBay. The comic was a 9.6, he mistakenly listed it as a 9.8 in the header. But the picture and write up were clear it was a 9.6 Someone bought it then after winning asked him to cancel the auction because they thought it was a 9.8. He got his panties in a bunch and was attempting force the buyer to still buy it. They he began a thread in CG explaining this, gave the eBay users name so we all could block this person who made a mistake. Stated that he was blocking them and was thinking about doing a NPB thing on eBay. The comic sold for way over GPA for a 9.6 and he appeared to want to capitalize on the buyers mistake. :popcorn:

So for anyone who cares that appears to be very dishonest. You could have one million transactions with said seller, it is what it is.

So true....facts that's can't be disputed.