• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[SOLD] Gobbledygook #1 and #2 - Eastman Authenticated Pair - Only Known Misprint

49 posts in this topic

AGGGGG..... I drove 3 hours to see a 9.8 TMNT #1 last week and couldn't strike a deal. It supposedly came from Eastman's collection, was pulled from production, and had paperwork. I kept telling the guy I am not flipping it, but he wanted 2011 pricing and I couldn't do it.

These are nice books. I would get them graded for nothing else than to protect them and def not sell them. At least my 2-cents to the buyer. A set just went for 6k on EBay and these would grade higher. I'm interested, but after last night on comic connect the wife is really annoyed at me.

How does the spine look on #1? With the plastic I can't really see. Black is so unforgiving. Weren't these folded and stapled by hand or was that just a rumor?

In response to passion4comics' recommendation, just remember that CGC won't grade these, so you'll just have to rely on Eastman's attestation.

That is correct. These books are on the No Grade list. Hell, I had Kevin hand deliver these books to the CGC's table several years ago and they turned him down.

Despite being created via photocopier (and yes, hand folded and stapled by Peter and Kevin), these books are in amazing condition. Here are shots of the spines out of the plastics:

20131212_092739.jpg

20131212_092841.jpg

(for the record the larger white tick on issue is not torn. It kinda looks like it is in the photo.)

As for additional authenticity, I should mention that these books are coming from a collector with close personal ties to Kevin. To the point that he was the best man at my wedding.

Wedding25.jpg

The books are true beauties-and rare, but, Kevin Eastman as your best man- priceless. (worship)

Our avatars match, except I was a giddy kid all over again at NYCC. Congrats on the wedding too (whenever it may have been) GLWTS. Someone will surely honor them.

Given the history behind PGX, I'd have been wary of sending books like these to them. They've been known to keep subs for themselves and put lesser books in the holders and send them to the owners. Maybe them no longer grading these was a blessing in disguise.

These are great books! Only 50 out there and this is the only one known to have duplicated pages. A real rarity for sure!