• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GODZILLA!!!

387 posts in this topic

I'm not impressed. Show the monster and don't waste my time. I don't watch a monster movie to hear a long speech.

DG

Party-Pooper. it's called a teaser trailer, it's not going to go FULL MONSTER till the full trailer in March.

I'm not impressed. Show the monster and don't waste my time. I don't watch a monster movie to hear a long speech.

DG

Party-Pooper. it's called a teaser trailer, it's not going to go FULL MONSTER till the full trailer in March.

When the evening news starts showing teasers, I turn off the television. I can't stand people wasting my time with vague useless information. How long did I wait to look at a silhouette of a monster that looked like that lizard version from the last movie? If it looks like the one in the last movie, I have no interest in seeing it.

DG

I haven't been this exited for a movie in a long time. I pray it's not some love story or someone looking for their family while avoiding Godzilla. That would suck. They need to make Godzilla vs another monster not Godzilla vs people.
From what I understand it will be both in this film.

FYI This is a great forum to talk all things Godzilla. (thumbs u

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/

Did you mean both like he may be fighting another monster?

I haven't been this exited for a movie in a long time. I pray it's not some love story or someone looking for their family while avoiding Godzilla. That would suck. They need to make Godzilla vs another monster not Godzilla vs people.
From what I understand it will be both in this film.

FYI This is a great forum to talk all things Godzilla. (thumbs u

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/

Did you mean both like he may be fighting another monster?

It will have a Human story element to it (but I don't think they are going the 'must rescue the family' element) and there will be MONSTERS to fight called the 'Muto'.

Fantastic trailer. That song in the begining is from 2001 a space odyssey I believe and it is haunting as ever

Nice catch on the music. The piece is Gyorgy Ligetti's Requiem.

It is indeed. Was just going to post that!

Great movie, Great director.

I'm sure though most boardies would criticize Kubrick for not following the book, or the comic

:jokealert:

DG

:facepalm:

It's people like YOU (yes YOU) who have reduced movies to non-stop action with no real plot (don't waste my time with plot) and no real character development (don't waste my time with character development) and no good dialogue (don't waste my time with good dialogue) and no good sound tracks (don't waste my time with good soundtracks) and no good cinematography unless they show really crisp gore and/or explosions (don't waste my time with good cinematography unless they show really crisp gore and/or explosions) and no good direction unless it gives me time for a pee break (please give me direction that gives me time for a pee break which, in my opinion, is good).

I repeat... :facepalm:

and

And that was just a 2+ minute trailer. Just think of the 90-minute film.

:/

-slym

I'm hoping for 120 with good stuff all around!

:wishluck:

I hope this sparks a whole new run of big monster movies. The original run of movies bring back good memories.

DG

It's people like YOU (yes YOU) who have reduced movies to non-stop action with no real plot (don't waste my time with plot) and no real character development (don't waste my time with character development) and no good dialogue (don't waste my time with good dialogue) and no good sound tracks (don't waste my time with good soundtracks) and no good cinematography unless they show really crisp gore and/or explosions (don't waste my time with good cinematography unless they show really crisp gore and/or explosions) and no good direction unless it gives me time for a pee break (please give me direction that gives me time for a pee break which, in my opinion, is good).

I repeat... :facepalm:

and

I am amused that you regard Godzilla as a deep thinking movie dependent upon good dialogue. I liked the dialogue in the Godzilla movie where they are talking about "Space Titanium". One talks about another universe just past Mars. Yeah, you are truly eclectic!

You go after some high class viewing entertainment.

DG

That Godzilla scream/roar will never be improved upon! It is a true classic!

Just like this, a true classic................................................... lol

Remember Gwangi?

Of course. I really like that movie. I think Harryhausen did the effects on the creatures.

DG

When the evening news starts showing teasers, I turn off the television. I can't stand people wasting my time with vague useless information. How long did I wait to look at a silhouette of a monster that looked like that lizard version from the last movie? If it looks like the one in the last movie, I have no interest in seeing it.

DG

I hope you don't see it. That way I can put my feet up on your empty chair.

DG

So you watched a teaser trailer and are now upset that you got teased?

Ok.