• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GODZILLA!!!

387 posts in this topic

I always seem to be the skeptic when it comes to hyped up blockbusters like this. They always seem to be a big letdown when you plop you're money down.

I'm really hoping it isn't the case with this one, but we'll see. Great monster movies are as elusive as getting a pic of Greggy at a con.

CalgaryExpo2013646_zpsc735b339.jpg

-

Obviously the victim of hypnotic suggestion, or some type of mind altering drug.

He fell asleep from too much GODZILLA!!

GODZILLA Tracking For A $60 million Debut

The Hollywood Reporter reports, Gareth Edwards' Godzilla is expected to pull in over "$60 million in its North American debut," which is May 16th. Some observers tell THR Godzilla "could clear $70 million." The 1998 Godzilla, which starred Matthew Broderick ("War Games") and was directed by Roland Emmerich ("Independence Day"), debuted Memorial Day weekend with $55 million. That was a huge disappointment as many observers predicted the 1998 film could open as high as $90 million. Hopefully this time the King of Monsters can exceed expectations.

First Reactions To GODZILLA Come Roaring In

Just caught a screening of #Godzilla it's even bigger and better than expected. Visually stunning and a Must see!

Surpassed all expectations. A childhood dream come true. THE KING OF THE MONSTERS HAS RETURNED!

This film was :censored: monumentally awesome!

I guess it was okay.

:whee:

I hope it sets off another monster movie fad and we get to see some more, including Pacific Rim vs. Godzilla!

:cloud9:

I hope it sets off another monster movie fad and we get to see some more, including Pacific Rim vs. Godzilla!

From the early reviews, someone said Mothra is mentioned in the movie.

:wishluck:

And the twins from Fairy Island?

Not this go-around. Just the mention of Mothra from what I read. No appearance.

KICS2451.jpg

It appears they're not too happy about Godzilla in Japan:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/22881/20140501/godzilla-too-fat-japanese-fans-2014-kaiju.htm

Perhaps the title to the sequel will be:

"Godzilla: Fat-Free"

Surely they're joking over in Japan, right?

I mean do they not remember ''thunder-thighs'' Godzilla from the 90's or Heisei era? doh!