• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foreign Comic Collector issue #2

16 posts in this topic

Hey peeps.... issue 2 of FCC is live! (thumbs u

FCCissue2.jpg

Check it out here on the front page of the website....

http://foreigncomiccollector.webs.com/

Or if you don't like the viewer or have adobe flash player... just download the .pdf directly from our new issue archive page!

http://foreigncomiccollector.webs.com/archive

Also, don't forget to sign up for updates if you haven't already!

Thanks for checking it out in advance guys! (thumbs u

Just finished it. Awesome Conan 1 gallery! The slight variations add to their overall beauty. I'm beginning to see the merits of this kind of collecting.

Btw, was there a cgc witness for Mignola's signing?

Really appreciate your efforts! Hoping you'd never get tired of doing research and such. More power!

Just finished it. Awesome Conan 1 gallery! The slight variations add to their overall beauty. I'm beginning to see the merits of this kind of collecting.

Really appreciate your efforts! Hoping you'd never get tired of doing research and such. More power!

Ronnie's Conan set is definitely impressive. There's so many foreign books out there that people aren't even aware of existing. That's pretty much the reason we're doing FCC, to let those that love comics see stuff they never have before.

IIRC there was no witness for the Mignola signing.

Ronnie's Conan set is definitely impressive. There's so many foreign books out there that people aren't even aware of existing. That's pretty much the reason we're doing FCC, to let those that love comics see stuff they never have before.

IIRC there was no witness for the Mignola signing.

I don't see the staff of FCC slowin down anytime soon... in fact we are just getting started! :gossip: Tims right, I almost guarantee that with every issue of FCC your average comic collector might very well see a scan or scans of books they have never seen! When it gets to the point that we are not showing books like that then our job is done and we can retire.... lol

So now i have a new target : Cuentos de Abuelito #8 - first Golden Age Conan !

I guarantee if you can find one you are going to have some hardcore Conan collectors banging your door down dude.... :gossip:

Id love for this exact book to get submitted to CGC with information stating the facts of Conans 1st appearance. I would love to be a fly on the wall when whomever does the slab notations has to call his boss and figure out how they are going to handle the situ..... :o Many, many, many people are not going to want to re-sub Marvel Conan 1s. My understanding is CGC doesn't say things like 1st appearance in "pick country" so theoretically they will be unable to state Conan's first appearance on a Marvel Conan 1 slab from that point forward. Very interesting indeed..... hm

there´s someone here on Mexico selling cuentos del abuelito , including the #1 . When i asked him about #8 , he told me he already sold it a few months ago.. :(

You would be smart to pick up any abuelito's with Conan in them. Im sure there are enough Howard collectors, even maybe non-comic ones that would be interested in these books. hm They have a lot of appeal....

there´s someone here on Mexico selling cuentos del abuelito , including the #1 . When i asked him about #8 , he told me he already sold it a few months ago.. :(

You would be smart to pick up any abuelito's with Conan in them. Im sure there are enough Howard collectors, even maybe non-comic ones that would be interested in these books. hm They have a lot of appeal....

He has only the first issues with "Kunga la diosa de oro" ... you are right even if i dont find the #8 i should get the other issues because we are talking about "Golden Age Conan" from 1952 (worship)

If you're enjoying FCC so far just wait until you see issue #3. We're working on it now and it will be coming out to coincide with the Indiana Comic Con March 14th-16th 2014. Define999 (Matt) and I (lscomics/Tim) will be at out table in Artist Alley with a mind-blowing display (sorry, nothing for sale :sorry: ) of foreign books and we're even going to have some printed copies of FCC to give away. :banana: