• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tipping your Postal carrier/ UPS guy.

84 posts in this topic

That time of the year again, folks.

Tipped my carrier and UPS guy today, will tip the P.O. guy who brings my packages the next time I see him.

They each get $25 and I think its money well spent.

Absolutely :sumo:

If you don't, you're not only cheap, but stoopid. :grin:

I've never tipped my mail man or UPS guy. The UPS guy is different every time though. I do have a consistent mail man though. I should tip him.

My wife and I once got the nicest holiday letter from one of our mailmen. We had both moved around and had some awful experiences with the mail carriers (lost packages and packages stuffed into mailboxes too small). Our last mailman in the town was great though. He loved our dog and taught him to jump up on the fence so he could pet him. It drove me crazy but he'd known him since he was a puppy. He wrote this note and had learned all our names and had figured things out about us. It sounds creepy writing this, but it was truly a heartfelt letter.

My wife and I moved shortly after. I always wish I'd tipped him. This thread just jogged the memory.

My Father always hand delivered our mailmen, UPS/FED-EX drivers and garbage gents franklins in their Christmas cards and I quickly realized it was one of the nicest and smartest things to do and I followed suit.

Granted we always have lucked out having such great individuals providing these services for us, but still, they brave a lot of elements for us and a lot of d-bag people along their routes each day.

I can't say enough about how each of them go out of their way to make things easier or nicer for our Family throughout the year.

GREAT IDEA FOR A POST OP!

About two years ago, I got a knock on the door and I opened it to find the mail carrier and my goldendoodle. He'd escaped when someone left the gate open and the carrier found him some two blocks away. I didn't even know he was gone. The carrier had met my puppy at a young age and knew him by name so the dog followed him to my house. I'm not sure how many carriers would disrupt their route to bring a lost dog home but mine did. I wrote a great letter to the post master about him.

I've had three separate incidents with the Po this year, including them fighting what I though would be a no-brainer insurance claim for a few hundred dollars, but the guys who bring me my packages are solid tens.

Tipped my carrier and UPS guy today, will tip the P.O. guy who brings my packages the next time I see him.

They each get $25 and I think its money well spent.

Absolutely :sumo:

If you don't, you're not only cheap, but stoopid. :grin:

Or maybe you live in an area that seems to have a different Postal carrier every day...

About two years ago, I got a knock on the door and I opened it to find the mail carrier and my goldendoodle. He'd escaped when someone left the gate open and the carrier found him some two blocks away. I didn't even know he was gone. The carrier had met my puppy at a young age and knew him by name so the dog followed him to my house. I'm not sure how many carriers would disrupt their route to bring a lost dog home but mine did. I wrote a great letter to the post master about him.

I've had three separate incidents with the Po this year, including them fighting what I though would be a no-brainer insurance claim for a few hundred dollars, but the guys who bring me my packages are solid tens.

Pretty awesome and special story. Pretty neat what some people will do for others. I would surmise one of the two still has your letter you wrote.

- So easy for us to call and complain or now email and gripe - but it takes more to write something nice and thanking someone about something they did.

I'm a postman. Tips for us are pretty rare these days. I usually get between 5 and 10 every Christmas. I can say that I remember every tip and I'll do anything to keep a tipper happy.

Also consider tipping your garbage man. They work hard and they'll be a lot more likely to haul that big item away.

I never seem to have the same UPS/FedEx carrier twice, but an X-Mas card with a nice bonus for the postal carrier is a must. Guessing others may have a similar situation as me, where you have a different postal carrier on Saturdays. Make sure to take care of them as well.

I tip them when I can, but they are hard to catch sleeping. Don't attempt it when they are awake.