• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this tomato boxer: TOD #37

10 posts in this topic

That's too much color loss in the logo area for a high grade 9.X I fear.

sorry.gif

I concur, doctor. In fact, I'm going 7.5 on this one.

To Aces point, is that something on the surface of the book, or is there some sporadic "tape pull-like" ink loss there? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And on the back cover, the lower left corner's got some water damage going on - does that affect the inside cover and/or interior pages?

Otherwise a tight-looking book, but those defects on a BA comic are pretty significant.

That's too much color loss in the logo area for a high grade 9.X I fear.

sorry.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Give me a break. foreheadslap.gif

9.0. But only if you wipe that booger (under the left side of the logo) off the front cover.

9.2 if the color loss is a printing issue, as I suspect it might be.

And on the back cover, the lower left corner's got some water damage going on - does that affect the inside cover and/or interior pages?

The BEBC has exactly 5 pin-points of foxing, yep foxing, on a BA book - very fine, certainly no penetration. sumo.gif

9.0. But only if you wipe that booger (under the left side of the logo) off the front cover.

On closer inspection under the viewing lamp, it does appear to be schmutz frown.gif

AND, I didn't notice it before, but there is an extremely light 2" NCB fold to the ULFC frustrated.gif Back in the Box! crazy.gif

I had this at a 9.0 but with the schmutz and the fold . . . confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks to all!

On closer inspection under the viewing lamp, it does appear to be schmutz frown.gif

AND, I didn't notice it before, but there is an extremely light 2" NCB fold to the ULFC frustrated.gif Back in the Box! crazy.gif

I had this at a 9.0 but with the schmutz and the fold . . . confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks to all!

frown.gif