• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ain't this one a shame? Rusty staple on this Showcase #55

7 posts in this topic

If I were keeping it, I'd have to have the staple replaced.

No sense letting it ruin the book any more than it has.

I have diligently cleaned the lower staple, so no further damage will occur. However, the damage you see is irreversible. foreheadslap.gif It kills me to see this happen to a book which otherwise would be a solid mid-grade copy . . . Christo_pull_hair.gif

Ahh! Ahh! It burns...! Lord I hate staple rust. It's one of the most insidious, unsightly, avaricious of the seven deadly comic sins.

Sadly, I'd say even lower than Aces... About a 2.5. Let's face it, if you were considering buying it, what would you grade it?

Ahh! Ahh! It burns...! Lord I hate staple rust. It's one of the most insidious, unsightly, avaricious of the seven deadly comic sins.

Sadly, I'd say even lower than Aces... About a 2.5. Let's face it, if you were considering buying it, what would you grade it?

I was going to say 3.0, maybe 3.5 simply because the rest of the book is so nice. But I wouldn't argue with 2.5 either. That is a true comic book tragedy. frustrated.giffrown.gif