• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, just got "reported to eBay"...

89 posts in this topic

I wouldn't leave a negative or a neutral.

You get to keep the book AND got a full refund. Even if he switched the book, you lost nothing.

If you don't want the book add it to your next PIF offering. (thumbs u

This is kind of how I was thinking, and the PIF offerings stack is definitely where this book is headed.

(thumbs u

-slym

I know I can be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, but was this one of those times? Your opinions, please.

I think you need to take a break from your paper route and cool off.

"Sorry, I don't have a dime on me..."

"Didn't ask for a dime - TWO DOLLARS!"

:roflmao:

-slym (wishes he had a paper route RN)

The time you wasted starting this thread should have been used to scan non blurry pics of this book and flip it on ebay at an easy profit.

How much did you pay shipped?

5 or 6 dollars?

:facepalm:

I don't think I can sell this book for 99¢ in the condition it is in. #5s aren't that hot.

;)

-slym

What does "Report to eBay" actually mean? Someone complained to me about the item I sold but hasn't left feedback so I'm reporting him to eBay? That's baloney. The second thing is, you paid $1.99. You weren't happy. Next time just move on. The time and grief is just not worth it for me for $1.99. Just don't leave feedback. You will live a happier life that way.

It's about the principle of the matter! :)

I actually wrote the guy one more note:

"Just so you know, even though you decided to report me to eBay (for what, I don't know) I am not leaving any feedback for this transaction. You are already out the book & extra money, & I don't feel you deserve a negative or even a neutral.

Please in the future, take better pictures for your buyers, and brush up on your grading skills.

Have a great day!"

-slym

But that doesn't make ANY sense!?! :insane:

I agree though. If everything was communicated through ebay, you're golden.

Neg him and 2 star him. Give him a 5 star on communication though! lol

I am still weighing my thoughts on whether or not to leave FB.

-slym

slym, I would just skip leaving feedback.

On the few occasional where I received a book that was drastically worse than the condition stated or more expensive than my usual outlay (usually $10 or more), I always let the seller know and ask them how they would like to handle it. In most cases, the response is a refund including S&H on the under $10 books without having to return the book. I just had this with a Micronauts 59 where the book was shipped in a box too small (length wise) for the issue from a Canadian seller. This was after my asking for "safe delivery" which is standard for me these days and paying more than the S&H quoted for the auction. The auction was $0.99 and S&H was significantly more. Sometimes I'm asked to send pictures of the damage, which I always do. Only in 1 case do I ever remember sending books back and I believe I ended up covering S&H on the return, but I believe I spent $80 for the comics (the entire run of Xenozoic Tales if I recall.) In every one of these cases, the seller took care of the problem, so I just skipped leaving feedback.

I hate having to deal with misgraded or damaged comics. I usually pick up 10 or more comics on E-Bay every couple of weeks and this has been going on for probably 3 or 4 years. I find I've become more numb to this and give a pass to things more than I should. In my earlier days on E-Bay, I was more apt to get mad and try to get my money back. Someday I'll have to go through my large "unloved" stack and pass on these comics to others at a fair price with accurate grading.

You get to keep the book AND got a full refund. Even if he switched the book, you lost nothing.

But he got the book and the refund by pushing for it. I feel like he has an obligation to other potential buyers that the guy can't grade. Why should the next unsuspecting buyer have to go through this again or lose money on shipping or a book? (shrug)

That's the whole point of feedback, right? To let other buyers know how the seller is doing?

The seller will probably be more careful on the fact he/she is out a book and the money. That's not a winning formula. To me, that is enough and leaving feedback of any kind is unwarranted.

But he got the book and the refund by pushing for it. I feel like he has an obligation to other potential buyers that the guy can't grade. Why should the next unsuspecting buyer have to go through this again or lose money on shipping or a book? (shrug)

That's the whole point of feedback, right? To let other buyers know how the seller is doing?

He also bought a book based on fuzzy photos. And paid $1.99

You get what you pay for

This I disagree with however. Whether I spent $0.99 or $999 for a comic, if the comic has a grade, a buyer should expect the comic to arrive in that grade. It shouldn't matter if the comic was won for a cheap price or not.

As to the fuzzy picture, I'm more likely to skip those auctions. It seems like lots of people use their phones these days to take pictures and those have to be the worst pictures. I also skip auctions if the seller has less than 99.8% positive feedback. Or 100% feedback but less than 100 different feedbacks. Or comics that are graded as mint or excellent.

This I disagree with however. Whether I spent $0.99 or $999 for a comic, if the comic has a grade, a buyer should expect the comic to arrive in that grade. It shouldn't matter if the comic was won for a cheap price or not.

As to the fuzzy picture, I'm more likely to skip those auctions. It seems like lots of people use their phones these days to take pictures and those have to be the worst pictures. I also skip auctions if the seller has less than 99.8% positive feedback. Or 100% feedback but less than 100 different feedbacks. Or comics that are graded as mint or excellent.

In theory you are correct but there are many scumbag sellers on ebay that try to avoid responsibility for overgrading in an attempt to stick you with their crappy overhyped books.

I had a couple sellers recently who had books with front scans only who failed to disclose damage to the back or interior of the book. Two of these guys tried to hide behind the two week return policy in their ads as though that would factor in when they try to sell not as described items.

If he got his money back and didn't have to waste his time sending the book back to the seller the OP is so far ahead of the game that he should just walk away and count his lucky stars.

Yeah, I decided to not post FB for this transaction.

(thumbs u

-slym

May I have your eBay username please, Slym?

Thanks,

Andy

+1

Sorry, I have to agree.

Awesome! What is yours, good sir? I would hate for you to accidentally bid on something of mine and receive great service.

Seriously, if I deserve to be blocked for this... :facepalm: but whatever. My eBay name is beside my name below.

-slym (pewter4144)

(thumbs u

-slym

Good call. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

-slym

Good call. (thumbs u

Agreed. (thumbs u

What does "Report to eBay" actually mean? Someone complained to me about the item I sold but hasn't left feedback so I'm reporting him to eBay? That's baloney. The second thing is, you paid $1.99. You weren't happy. Next time just move on. The time and grief is just not worth it for me for $1.99. Just don't leave feedback. You will live a happier life that way.

It's about the principle of the matter! :)

I actually wrote the guy one more note:

"Just so you know, even though you decided to report me to eBay (for what, I don't know) I am not leaving any feedback for this transaction. You are already out the book & extra money, & I don't feel you deserve a negative or even a neutral.

Please in the future, take better pictures for your buyers, and brush up on your grading skills.

Have a great day!"

-slym

You're definitely nicer than I am.