• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, just got "reported to eBay"...

89 posts in this topic

...because I complained that the item I received is not the item pictured. I bought an X-Factor #5 for $1.99, with a fuzzy picture and a description of "VF/NM." I know, I know, fuzzy pics are no good usually, but the price was right on a now-warm book. I received it today, it was taped to one piece of thin cardboard and in a Scotch buble-mailer. Luckily, that part survived just fine.

What wasn't good was the book was NOT in VF/NM, closer to F/VF with a raggedy top edge and multiple spine creases, but what got me as I was comparing the photo in the listing to the comic in hand was that there is a little bit of black ink on the TLHC of the front that is not on the comic in the picture. There is NO WAY this wouldn't be seen in the picture in the auction listing. I emailed the seller and he claims that he doesn't use stock photos and this is indeed the same book. I still said I was unhappy overall and asked for a refund, and stated I shouldn't have to pay the return shipping either. The seller responds that it is the same book, although he will give me a refund but will not pay for the return shipping. My claim is that this was a total waste of time and money and why should I be penalized? He states he still will not fund the return shipping. I state "I am sorry you feel that way." He responds with a full refund, "keep the item" (which I don't want now) and ends with "I have also reported you to eBay."

Was my line "I am sorry you feel that way" really that far out of line? Was I in the wrong? I still feel this isn't the same book, no matter what. I will get some pics of the book in my hand and let you all compare them with the photo in the listing.

I know I can be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, but was this one of those times? Your opinions, please.

Go ahead, rip into me if I need it! :grin:

-slym

Rather than go to all of the trouble of asking for a refund for a $2 book I probably would have just left appropriate feedback and star ratings and moved on.

But that's just me. :foryou:

Also, I don't know what he could have possibly reported you for. You did nothing wrong.

I work on principle a lot. :lol:

-slym

Ebay encourages you to contact the seller first, and if something can't be worked out, then go through process of the Resolution Center. We literally had 6 emails between us in the first hour after I received the book.

-slym

No one can say that you did not attempt to contact the seller first.

Not your comment, just the grim realization that if you ding his stars, or file a claim he'll need plastic surgery to get the smile off of his face after ebay is done going all anal intruder on his rear end.

Hah!

-slym

But that doesn't make ANY sense!?! :insane:

I agree though. If everything was communicated through ebay, you're golden.

Neg him and 2 star him. Give him a 5 star on communication though! lol

I am still weighing my thoughts on whether or not to leave FB.

-slym

What's to consider? You got something you didn't pay for. If he didn't grade accurately, he really shouldn't be selling raw comics. 2c

Just leave him neutral feedback with low stars on the accuracy if that makes your decision easier since he did refund you.

But that doesn't make ANY sense!?! :insane:

I agree though. If everything was communicated through ebay, you're golden.

Neg him and 2 star him. Give him a 5 star on communication though! lol

I am still weighing my thoughts on whether or not to leave FB.

-slym

Seems like the matter has been resolved. You were refunded and got to keep the book.

A waste of time..yes, but you've been made whole. Leaving negative feedback in this case, is unwarranted.

As for him "reporting you" to eBay, some CSR is laughing at his dumbassness.

I wouldn't leave a negative or a neutral.

You get to keep the book AND got a full refund. Even if he switched the book, you lost nothing.

If you don't want the book add it to your next PIF offering. (thumbs u

But he got the book and the refund by pushing for it. I feel like he has an obligation to other potential buyers that the guy can't grade. Why should the next unsuspecting buyer have to go through this again or lose money on shipping or a book? (shrug)

That's the whole point of feedback, right? To let other buyers know how the seller is doing?

I wouldn't leave a negative or a neutral.

You get to keep the book AND got a full refund. Even if he switched the book, you lost nothing.

If you don't want the book add it to your next PIF offering. (thumbs u

But he got the book and the refund by pushing for it. I feel like he has an obligation to other potential buyers that the guy can't grade. Why should the next unsuspecting buyer have to go through this again or lose money on shipping or a book? (shrug)

That's the whole point of feedback, right? To let other buyers know how the seller is doing?

He also bought a book based on fuzzy photos. And paid $1.99

You get what you pay for