• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Connect Auction

136 posts in this topic

Nearly $27K for that unrestored Cap 1, 1.5? Too much?

-J.

I think the buyer could have eventually found a much nicer copy for that price, but $27K is pocket change to some people.

Kind of glad you guys agree. I was tempted to top it and then logic entered my brain and yes the site timed out on my computer when I refreshed as well so I just chalked it up to fate and lived to spend another day. $27K pocket change to some people? Am I too old to put myself up for adoption lol?

-J.

You both made the right choice, front & back cover heavily stained with spine completely split and taped. Very aggressive price on this book.

That buyer obviously really wanted it. Kudos to him/her (though probably a "him" lol) for going balls out and getting after it like that.

Touche, AnkurJ.

-J.

-J.

Considering there is a 1.8 on ebay for 19K yes I think that was a super strong price for a ugly book. I think it should have been in the 15-20K range.

James G

My estimate exactly. Of course that one on ebay isn't exactly a looker either. Kind of looks like somebody spilled coffee on it right before it was slabbed. That's a generous 1.8 IMO. Very generous.

-J.

-J.

I think the buyer could have eventually found a much nicer copy for that price, but $27K is pocket change to some people.

Kind of glad you guys agree. I was tempted to top it and then logic entered my brain and yes the site timed out on my computer when I refreshed as well so I just chalked it up to fate and lived to spend another day. $27K pocket change to some people? Am I too old to put myself up for adoption lol?

-J.

You both made the right choice, front & back cover heavily stained with spine completely split and taped. Very aggressive price on this book.

That buyer obviously really wanted it. Kudos to him/her (though probably a "him" lol) for going balls out and getting after it like that.

Touche, AnkurJ.

-J.

Frankly, when someone is spending this much on a comic, they had better done their research. What they would have found is that a 2.0 with a fully intact spine has been on the market for not much more. The buyer obviously wanted it, but in my opinion the price was strong. But hey, it helps the value of my restored copy so I don't mind.

So I strongly feel in this case patience would have paid off, and I think many here would agree.

Congratulations to Ankur and thank you to all the other bidders in the auction. After reading this thread and hearing back from a few of you directly it is my understanding that there was a slowness issue while some of you were bidding.

Please accept our sincerest apologies.

We do everything in our power to make sure the auctions run in a fast and smooth fashion. As it is the life's blood of our company it is of paramount importance to us that your user experience while bidding is of the highest quality.

We have our IT team working on this issue and hopefully will have it resolved shortly. If any more issues arise while you are bidding (and there is enough time) please call me directly at 888-779-7377 or 212-895-3999 ext 21 and I will put a bid in for you myself.

If you have any other feedback for us, please email me directly at rob@comicconnect.com

Thanks,

Rob Reynolds

Director of Consignments

Congrats on the Famous Funnies Frazettas. I have a complete set myself. Some of my favorite covers of all time. I was also lucky to pick up the original cover art to #215.

Best,

Vincent

whoa!

Always admired these Frazetta covers, but never owned copies. Happy to pick up these two, which seem to present well for the grades.

fam11053a_zpsf3a47c90.jpg

fam11054a_zps2851947f.jpg

Frazetta FF covers are possibly the best run of covers of any GA title. #214 is second toughest to find after 215, in my experience.

nice books everybody---i'm having a shutout thrown at me so far. i haven't even gone deep into the count on any book. i'm tending to pop out on the first pitch. i'm balking at some of these prices. i'm behind the curve on this auction. i'm...aw, hell, y'all get the point.

nice books everybody---i'm having a shutout thrown at me so far. i haven't even gone deep into the count on any book. i'm tending to pop out on the first pitch. i'm balking at some of these prices. i'm behind the curve on this auction. i'm...aw, hell, y'all get the point.

You gotta crowd the plate.

it does and it even has art under the logo. Here is a link to the image-

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=350727&GSub=54849

That's beautiful Vinnie! :applause:

That's a great piece of comic history in addition to a spectacular piece of art. I haven't even been able to get decent copy of the comic!