• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First achie

23 posts in this topic

I have the original Archie comics #1 (winter 1942). It's been in my family for 40 years now but it's not in the best shape. I was advised to get it graded by cgc so I signed up and was about to send it off. Then after looking at the book closer I noticed some of the middle pages are missing 3 wraps in the middle. My question is.... Should I still try to get it graded or is it not worth it? Also is the book still worth decent amount of money since I believe it is rare? I am interested in selling it and I'm not an expert on the subject so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ArchieCover_zps37e4d037.jpg

Archieback_zps7f1f0aa1.jpg

I have the original Archie comics #1 (winter 1942). It's been in my family for 40 years now but it's not in the best shape. I was advised to get it graded by cgc so I signed up and was about to send it off. Then after looking at the book closer I noticed some of the middle pages are missing 3 wraps in the middle. My question is.... Should I still try to get it graded or is it not worth it? Also is the book still worth decent amount of money since I believe it is rare? I am interested in selling it and I'm not an expert on the subject so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

(thumbs u ^^:banana:

Thanks

As is, my opinion is that certification would only hurt your ability to get the most money for this book.

It might help to bring it to a reputable dealer to have looked at in case you missed something (which I highly doubt would be an issue, but you never know).

Otherwise take some good scans, provide a detailed description, and some interior photos of the parts where the pages are missing and that should suffice on a book with the rarity and demand yours has.

A certified 1.0 recently went for $13K and while this book is not going to be able to pull that kind of money because of the condition it's in, someone might be willing to take this on as a project. Or you might find a bidding frenzy develops between a handful of collectors who need this to complete their run. There's a certified 2.5 currently at $15K and I wouldn't be surprised if that goes over $20K.

still a few more places left to post this

lol Indeed.

Welcome to the boards Archie1. You don't really need to spam the forums with the same questions about this book.

He posted the same question last month ... and received the same answers. He either needs to come up with a new question or we need to come up with new answers. hm