• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All things Thing

71 posts in this topic

I am a big FF fan and collector, I have the full run from #1 to current, and all mini series and one shots that I am aware of.

Within the FF, my favorite character is the Benjamin Grimm, The Thing.

I have all the marvel two in ones, "the thing" series, and other mini series and one shots.

What I am interested in hearing about/seeing is anything to do with the thing.

I would like to see it, hear about it, and talk about it.

I want to find out about stuff I don't know about already, statues, OA, little known facts about the character, etc.....

All things Thing.

If it has to do with the Thing, I want to own it one day

So what do you know

What have you seen

What have you heard

What do you own

If he's your favorite character too, lets hear about it.

One of my favorite Thing-related scenes happened in FF #29 I believe - "It Started on Yancy Street" - when he was going through some tough times and a cab he was trying to hail drove right past him through a puddle of water and drenched him. It was one of those infamous Marvel-moments when the trails and tribulations of a superhero is brought down to human scale.

The Thing is great! Love 'em too, his last mini series in the early, mid 2000's was great. The one written by Dan Slott....loved it.

One "Thing" thing I do not know about and would like to learn about is the She-Thing that was around in the late 80's or so. What is the deal with her, where did she come from, origin and such?? Fill me in please. : )

Also how long was Walt Simonson's run on FF and was it any good?? I never read FF during that time frame. I actually recently read the Simonson Thor run this past year/end of last year (another I missed in the 80's) and freakin' loved it!! Is his FF run collected in trades?

Again THE THING is great, love the guy!!

I love the Thing too! Here's what Howard Chaykin did for me at the first LSCC. I ased Howard if he could try and capture a little bit of Kirby in the sketch. I think he achieved it admirably ..

ChaykinThing.jpg

Great stuff!!!!!

Thanks to all posters for sharing it.

Keep'em coming!

I've never seen those foreign books before, excellent, I'm going to check out that link to foreign FF's

Those OA pieces are incredible, I would love to own something like that.