• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
39 39

6,247 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2024 at 7:27 AM, Professor K said:

4.5 OW back with new holder. :bigsmile:

1945-6 Suspense Comics 8 close.jpg

Love that one. Many years ago an affordable copy that met my qualifications popped up just before SDCC. I was saving up for the show but it was high on my list so I went for it. As it turned out nothing as cool ever popped up at the show anyway. So glad I jumped on it because it would be totally out of my wheelhouse now…

On 7/18/2024 at 1:11 PM, Robot Man said:

Love that one. Many years ago an affordable copy that met my qualifications popped up just before SDCC. I was saving up for the show but it was high on my list so I went for it. As it turned out nothing as cool ever popped up at the show anyway. So glad I jumped on it because it would be totally out of my wheelhouse now…

So you couldn't get much at the sdcc that year? Lots of  "You need something?" "No thanks, just looking" that year I guess. Suspense 8 has had a hard to predict wheelhouse the past 3 years. 3.0 to 4.0 are still affordable. I got mine on Clink, got a pretty good deal. 

Oh an 8.0! Let me check. Yep highest graded. Could be the best surviving copy. The victim looks a little like Bob Newhart to me. Funny funny man. From Illinois. I've seen lots of the stuff you've showed over the years, advanced is an understatement. Lunch money, yep,  I want this comic but it's like 100 bucks. doh!

On 7/18/2024 at 11:26 PM, LadyDeath said:

It resembles Godzilla and I'm quite sure this book came out first. Pretty cool.

Yeah, it does resemble him.  I think this book beat it by a year, it was on TCM the other day actually!  :preach:

On 7/18/2024 at 9:59 PM, pmpknface said:

Oh, don't mention Bob today...  RIP @94.  :( 

Oh, if any of you are looking to fill some holes in you Cole runs, you may want to check out the GA sale area....   :baiting:

Holy cow I had no idea he passed the day I wrote that. I honestly thought he died a few years ago. I just saw on wikipedia a minute ago. I am the king of bad timing. 

On 7/20/2024 at 11:35 PM, gadzukes said:

Got this in the mail today.

Unfortunately old celophane tape across the entire middle front cover

74318458941__5EC10AF4-7E75-4BD3-9821-28F869A9424A.jpeg

It's just a placeholder! You'll find a better one! Put it in a mylar and it'll look cool!

On 7/20/2024 at 8:35 PM, gadzukes said:

The lead story, Horror Beyond The Door, is very good.

On 7/20/2024 at 10:35 PM, gadzukes said:

Wow, it's metal hair dude over and over and over, haven't seen this before.  I dig :headbang:

The tape's a bumm

er but the colors are pretty sweet.

Edited by Darwination