• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has the walking dead comic series "jumped the shark"?

30 posts in this topic

since the something to fear storyline ended and the all out war run began i've become bored with the walking dead series. Not trying to add any spoilers but a 2 page spread of some character screaming out something about believing in rick grimes hardly seems to be a revelation. i had hoped that issue #115 would've been the death of the latest villian but sadly it has not happenned. My guess is kirkman is still formulating what the next storyline will be and wants to drag this out over the next 6-12 issues. this book is moving slower than the zombies without legs these days. just my opinion feel free to pile on or tell me i'm wrong and how cool the series remains.

since the something to fear storyline ended and the all out war run began i've become bored with the walking dead series. Not trying to add any spoilers but a 2 page spread of some character screaming out something about believing in rick grimes hardly seems to be a revelation. i had hoped that issue #115 would've been the death of the latest villian but sadly it has not happenned. My guess is kirkman is still formulating what the next storyline will be and wants to drag this out over the next 6-12 issues. this book is moving slower than the zombies without legs these days. just my opinion feel free to pile on or tell me i'm wrong and how cool the series remains.

Copy and paste what you said here.

You will get more of an discussion.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2380246&nt=2827&fpart=2828

[font:Book Antiqua]

I believe he is talking about the current story line and where the book is headed,

no related to the bubble speculation market or TV show...

[/font]

:gossip:

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread

:makepoint:

[font:Book Antiqua]

I believe he is talking about the current story line and where the book is headed,

no related to the bubble speculation market or TV show...

[/font]

:gossip:

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread

[font:Book Antiqua]This is Comic General...[/font]

I know the TV show jumps the shark every time someone smashes a walker's head like it's made out of paper mache....

The latest arc is called all out war.

If it ended with the villain's death after two or three issues they would have called it all out battle.

They killed off the tiger, what more do you want by now already?

I stopped reading at issue 48. The Calm Before the Storm was SO slow and boring and I found the payoff for waiting to be weak even though many were killed. I really wanted Rick to get killed. He was to the point were I found him weak and pathetic. I thought maybe they would have the balls to do something ground breaking and kill the main character 48 issues in and let the other characters take over. I just didn't want to read anymore stories with this one handed sad sack so I stopped and haven't read an issue in like 5 years. I also would have liked to have seen Axel fleshed out before being offed.

I know a lot cf people have their cut off for issue 48 but the last issue of the run I really liked would have been about 10 issues earlier.

I stopped reading at issue 48. The Calm Before the Storm was SO slow and boring and I found the payoff for waiting to be weak even though many were killed. I really wanted Rick to get killed. He was to the point were I found him weak and pathetic. I thought maybe they would have the balls to do something ground breaking and kill the main character 48 issues in and let the other characters take over. I just didn't want to read anymore stories with this one handed sad sack so I stopped and haven't read an issue in like 5 years. I also would have liked to have seen Axel fleshed out before being offed.

I know a lot cf people have their cut off for issue 48 but the last issue of the run I really liked would have been about 10 issues earlier.

I still don't understand why people follow Rick. He has made so many bad decisions, it isn't funny. He also isn't very likeable. I have been reading the floppies these last 5 years and have been consistently disappointed. I feel like I am stuck in a bad marriage and hoping she will change back into the girl I dated. But for some reason I cannot file for divorce. I must be a sadist.