• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Everybody remember to wrap plot and story specifics in spoiler tags for at least two to four weeks to give everyone a chance to watch all of the episodes. Really looking forward to this, haven't seen any episodes yet though.

I like how they're at least making an effort to make the fight scenes a little more brutal.... still a bit too West Side Story for me (I was spoiled by the glory days of Hong Kong cinema in late 80's/early 90's), with too many angle cuts, but much, much, much more watchable.

Woke up early to get an episode in before work today. Ended up watching two episodes. Deborah Ann Woll definitely makes the show so far, though there don't seem to be any weak performances.

Yeah, after True Blood she definitely knows how to emot a scene! Having someone that talented and that attractive in the show doesn't hurt a bit!

The black mask with no eye holes is actually pretty great.

I'm one episode in, it's good. He doesn't seem very super. He's pretty much blind batman without money right now

And I like how they answered the question of why he has such a cool apartment if he's so broke.

Woke up early to get an episode in before work today. Ended up watching two episodes. Deborah Ann Woll definitely makes the show so far, though there don't seem to be any weak performances.

She is definitely a great Karen Page. :luhv:

The perfect casting so far for me is Elden Hensen as Foggy! I was skeptical before I watched the episode, but not I think he is perfect for the role. I just wish they gave him a haircut! :D

I haven't watched it yet. I`m saving it for weekend viewing.

So can anybody tell me without giving away spoilers is this based more on

Frank Miller`s DD or Bendis`s DD?

From the first episode, I'd say a nice balance of both.

What did Bendis do that was really all that different from Miller?

I haven't watched it yet. I`m saving it for weekend viewing.

So can anybody tell me without giving away spoilers is this based more on

Frank Miller`s DD or Bendis`s DD?

From the first episode, I'd say a nice balance of both.

What did Bendis do that was really all that different from Miller?

I tried to think- more organized crime while Miller focused a lot on The Hand? Miller also focused a lot on the stick/training stuff.

I'd say they weren't all that different either.

What do you think? What'd you mean by the question ComicConnoisseur?

Saw the first episode.

Really liked it, but wished it weren't so darkly lit all the time. Made it hard to follow some of the scenes.

I prefer Bendis's run to Millers' -- the primary difference being Bendis made it far more realistic as an ongoing police procedural with the focus on organized crime with fewer fantastical / superhero elements (Ninjas, Elektra).

Also, the overall plotting was tighter, with subplots extending over 30-40 issues.

And again, the best Daredevil story I've read was Ed Brubaker's follow-up to Bendis' run with The Devil, Inside & Out (vol. 2 # 82-87).

Premise: At this point, everyone knows Matt Murdock is Daredevil. Kingpin engineers it so Matt goes to prison and is placed on the same block as basically his entire rogues gallery. Frank Castle discovers this, and gets himself arrested & placed onto the same cell block to volunteer as Matt's bodyguard.