• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

DAREDEVIL: Elden Henson Says The Avengers Gave The Mob Their "Foothold In Hell's Kitchen"

"New York's been torn apart by the aliens and everyone's trying to deal with it. That's how the mob got their foothold in Hell's Kitchen: from the Avengers' fight." Henson told the reporters. "The Avengers don't realize all this crime has trickled down because of their actions. I think that's so interesting -- how now that New York's been torn apart, what's going to happen with the criminal element. They're not dealing with that."

Henson's co-star Deborah Ann Woll then chimed in saying, "There's a rationalization for why we need people to deal with the stuff on the streets and we need people to deal with the gods and aliens, they're all linked but in the same way, Thor can't bother himself with a gangster and Daredevil can't take on an alien."

DAREDEVIL: Elden Henson Says The Avengers Gave The Mob Their "Foothold In Hell's Kitchen"

"New York's been torn apart by the aliens and everyone's trying to deal with it. That's how the mob got their foothold in Hell's Kitchen: from the Avengers' fight." Henson told the reporters. "The Avengers don't realize all this crime has trickled down because of their actions. I think that's so interesting -- how now that New York's been torn apart, what's going to happen with the criminal element. They're not dealing with that."

Henson's co-star Deborah Ann Woll then chimed in saying, "There's a rationalization for why we need people to deal with the stuff on the streets and we need people to deal with the gods and aliens, they're all linked but in the same way, Thor can't bother himself with a gangster and Daredevil can't take on an alien."

LOVING everything I read and seen so far

Good that this is the Daredevil production, and it won't have those influences.

I edited my post because you obviously missed my point.

Ahhh. Sorry. Now I get it.

It was odd when it came out that supposedly Trank required his actors NOT read the comics. Like it would alter their view on things.

Good that this is the Daredevil production, and it won't have those influences.

I edited my post because you obviously missed my point.

Ahhh. Sorry. Now I get it.

It was odd when it came out that supposedly Trank required his actors NOT read the comics. Like it would alter their view on things.

Yep, which is something that angered me right from the start.

I'm signing up for Netflix again after a two-year absence JUST for Daredevil.

They "get it" and it shows in the end product. :)

Charlie Cox Talks DAREDEVIL's Red Suit, Favorite Comics, Joining THE AVENGERS, And More

"I really love the issues when Matt Murdock is defending the White Tiger. It was so cool to read a comic book with such a compelling courtroom scene. I also have to mention Jeph Loeb's Daredevil Yellow. So touching." He added: "The greater part of my preparation was spent reading comics. I think you will find influence from many of the DD writers and illustrators over the years. Personally, I found Bendis/Maleev runs incredibly helpful in terms of the tone of our show."

At least he is very familiar with the story arcs.

That bolded part :banana:

Super excited about this show - and it should help soften the blow of the suck-fest that's going to be Ant-man :banana:
IDK. Ant-man can't be any worse than IM3. I think i'll watch this in installments instead of binge watch. Unless I get sucked in by the first episode. :D

Does anybody know what time the episodes are available in the US?

Can't wait! :ohnoez:

With House of Cards, it was midnight the day of. So if they hit Friday, then at 12 o'clock that night, the episodes should go live.

At least that was my understanding.