• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of 2013

77 posts in this topic

This thread is about quality. Can we have one thread on the modern forum that isn't about speculation?!?!?!?!?!? :baiting:

I was more talking about how much "love" and talk there was about it being amazing yet I see no love here. Not talking about speculation just how a fast the tides change.

This thread is about quality. Can we have one thread on the modern forum that isn't about speculation?!?!?!?!?!? :baiting:

I was more talking about how much "love" and talk there was about it being amazing yet I see no love here. Not talking about speculation just how a fast the tides change.

I'm not sure if the tide changed, it's more that then a flood came. I still love Nowhere Men, but after it a couple of even more awesome series started.

What is surprising me is after the huge market speculation (I sold 7 variants for $700 each this year) no one is talking about Nowhere Men!

But I will have to still insist that its Todd and EOW.

I had Nowhere Men as an honorable mention in my post, then took it out (as I was coming close to listing every new series I'd read in 2013). lol

Definitely a strong title and a cool visual style that has kept me reading. I do wish they had gotten out more than six issues in a year.

A lot of the love was coming when it was on a regular-ish schedule. It kept getting delayed. Eventually, many people lost interest or forgot about it with the deluge of quality content that has hit the market in the last few years.

Creators need to step up their game even more now. It's not enough to put out a quality title. Books that earned praise and followers, not so long ago, were competing against complete drek. Now Image, Oni, Boom, Dark Horse and, to a much lesser extent, the Big 2 have filled their stables with books where content/quality is king.

To compete for my money, quality is not enough any more. I have choices, and I choose quality and consistency.

2c

A lot of the love was coming when it was on a regular-ish schedule. It kept getting delayed. Eventually, many people lost interest or forgot about it with the deluge of quality content that has hit the market in the last few years.

Creators need to step up their game even more now. It's not enough to put out a quality title. Books that earned praise and followers, not so long ago, were competing against complete drek. Now Image, Oni, Boom, Dark Horse and, to a much lesser extent, the Big 2 have filled their stables with books where content/quality is king.

To compete for my money, quality is not enough any more. I have choices, and I choose quality and consistency.

2c

That statement accurately reflects how I feel. My favorite book in the last several years has been East of West. I'm willing to put the same effort into buying the series as they are in producing it. I have high hopes that they will get this book back on a timely schedule to avoid the pitfalls other books have faced in the past.

I haven't read Todd, but EoW gets my vote. Actually reread a few issues tonight. That first issue really was a banger. It just has everything I personally like in a comic. Honestly I dont think there's anything that's too close to it in terms of consistent quality.