• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Lois Lane 100

7 posts in this topic

Looking for some thoughts here. The only thing to note that isn't clear from the scans is the lack of a bottom staple - it doesn't appear to have ever had one. Does this affect the grade?

Thanks.

LoisLane100_001_zps346f7f98.jpg

LoisLane100_002_zpsd04af9b4.jpg

I have this book pegged at 8.0 IMHO! smiley-greet013.gif

Now with a missing lower staple I am not sure how the people at CGC will adjust the grade? It does not appear as though there is any damage in this area and it is not unheard of for a book to be missing a staple.

I am of the opinion that this is a production flaw and would not have an effect on the grade provided there is no damage to the interior pages or the cover where the missing staple should be.

To be certain that the staple was never inserted there should be no staple holes present! Are you able to confirm the absence of staple holes through the entire book?

book that is produced with just one staple has zero impact on the grade...quite common in the silver age to have this production flaw.

if there was a staple and for whatever reason it was removed and the holes are then, you are looking at a scenario where 5.0 is the maximum grade.

book that is produced with just one staple has zero impact on the grade...quite common in the silver age to have this production flaw.

if there was a staple and for whatever reason it was removed and the holes are then, you are looking at a scenario where 5.0 is the maximum grade.

+1 Yes I am in agreement with you! I don't think I expressed myself quite as clearly as you did.

The book being "produced with one staple is not unheard of" is what I really meant to say as opposed to a "book with a missing staple is not unheard of"! doh!

I am of the opinion that this is a production flaw and would not have an effect on the grade provided there is no damage to the interior pages or the cover where the missing staple should be.

To be certain that the staple was never inserted there should be no staple holes present! Are you able to confirm the absence of staple holes through the entire book?

Yep, no holes, no signs of there ever being a staple there.

Thanks.