• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 Goals! Onward and upward

106 posts in this topic

So with 2013 finally dwindling down and just roughly two weeks to go until the new year is upon us, everyone list your collecting resolution. Will you be finally attaining that one book that has evaded you all these years? Will you be downsizing that massive pile of junk donkey books in the basement? Stay tuned and see what others plan on doing!

It's a novel idea but I'm going to READ more comics.

I found myself submersed with novels this year.... I am close to 100 issues behind my monthly titles, maybe more now. I am going to focus more on catching up, then keeping up. And I'll be picking up some trades and read stuff I've always wanted to read but never have (Byrne FF, Long Halloween, Preacher, etc).

I think my TPB and hardcover collections will get a big boost this year.

Theres a few keys I'd like to grab, but I'm going to limit it and get very good ones at good grades.

+1

Recently, I've made an effort to read comics again. I've probably been averaging about one a day, and I feel that I've really reconnected with why I started collecting in the first place.

They aren't just covers in a plastic case. :D

It's a novel idea but I'm going to READ more comics.

I found myself submersed with novels this year.... I am close to 100 issues behind my monthly titles, maybe more now. I am going to focus more on catching up, then keeping up. And I'll be picking up some trades and read stuff I've always wanted to read but never have (Byrne FF, Long Halloween, Preacher, etc).

I think my TPB and hardcover collections will get a big boost this year.

Theres a few keys I'd like to grab, but I'm going to limit it and get very good ones at good grades.

1-finally get rid of half my comic collection minimum which will be a huge undertaking.

2-Sell a lot of my OA to make it manageable. (Buy no OA)

3-Continue to work on my celebrity SS photo collection

4-Make out with JJ.

Not buy a single comic. :whatthe:

Re-read my SA Flash and Adam Strange archives. :)

Buy a couple OA covers: Infantino, Sienkiewicz, Neal Adams, Gil Kane... :whee:

A couple from each of those guys? :o

I got sidetracked for a minute so I didn't get to actually put what my goals were so here goes....

I did pretty well with my 2013 goals, maybe 80% or better actually so I'm going to press hard this year and try and meet all the goals.

6 Celebrity SS books that I don't already have for the permanent collection

6 SS or sketched SS books for the permanent collection. I have a somewhat unique idea for Big Wow depending on what guests show up...

Sell off 50% of the existing raw collection

Reduce the deficit I had left over from 2013

1 minor key - universal

It might not sound like much but this year I'm going to go for quality quite a bit more than quantity. I went somewhere in the middle in 2013 and wound up with some great stuff, but got disappointed as well.