• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help about a Guy Mentioned in a Topic

66 posts in this topic

I Agreee Joe. and We are all speculating between a 4.0 and a 6.0. Some good things is the Gloss is AMAZING, better than my 9.2 Thor 193. Also The Pages look Off white to white (See Drax). The Mark on the back is week and that one corner isnt great. But the creases are standard on many 8.0 i see from early bronze age.

I wasnt thinking anything higher than 7.5

Keep thinking,looks like 5.0 at best.

+1 Big ugly stain on the back, possible spine split on the bottom, spine creases and a tear (?) on the top.. (shrug) Pictures show all the flaws pretty well, not sure what kind of recourse you have here. Higher grade is pretty ambiguous.

Sue (shrug)

I Agreee Joe. and We are all speculating between a 4.0 and a 6.0. Some good things is the Gloss is AMAZING, better than my 9.2 Thor 193. Also The Pages look Off white to white (See Drax). The Mark on the back is week and that one corner isnt great. But the creases are standard on many 8.0 i see from early bronze age.

+1 Big ugly stain on the back, possible spine split on the bottom, spine creases and a tear (?) on the top.. (shrug) Pictures show all the flaws pretty well, not sure what kind of recourse you have here. Higher grade is pretty ambiguous.

+1 but the OP suggest the pics were added later, maybe that could give him more of an out

+1 but the OP suggest the pics were added later, maybe that could give him more of an out

I thought you couldn't add/edit a listing once it ended?

He has not returned 1 message from me. Should I contact Ebay first or Paypal or wait till it gets here.

THIS WAS IN MY TOP 3 to BUY. and I got a Gift card for it from a friend.

1. Journey 83

2. Iron Man 55

3. Journey 112

Kind of got a Thor thanos thing

I've been watching this guy operate for years, and I know all his tricks. He had another eBay ID before but I can't remember it off the top of my head. He severely over-grades, uses low-res photos to hide the defects and doesn't call out obvious defects like that big tear at the base of the spine.

He gets away with this because he sells a lot and protects his feedback. His listings generate high bid counts because he's so active and well-known. Most buyers don't complain because he attracts novice graders who find comfort and safety in large numbers (both in total sales volume and number of bidders).

I would wait until the book arrives. You will probably not be happy with the condition. The good news is I know people who have dealt with him and they have had no problem returning the book after complaining to him about the condition/grade. As I mentioned, he will do anything to protect his feedback. The way it usually works is he will offer to pay return shipping if you promise not to leave negative feedback. You can always open up a case as a last resort, but I don't think that will be necessary.

Just my 2c

Ok To be Clear the Issue is a Thread I will Post. I Will post the Ebay Link of the Item, and i will then post the link to the thread on this forum.

He says UNRESTORED But something seems a miss

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350949714621

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6514170

I'm sorry you paid $350 for a raw 6.0 IM 55.

Yeah, they describe it as "Higher grade"

I'd return it as item not as described as soon as that bad boy arrives and chalk this whole thing up as a lesson learned.

This. (thumbs u

How can you return it as item not described if it has no restoration? If it does have resto the a return seems reasonable.

They coined it as Higher grade, what's that? 7.5-10

This is a Mid grade book.

Higher than what?

In my opinion, you can file a paypal claim, but do your research before you buy. Sorry to not sympathize more. Always contact the seller first though.

I love that you somehow translated that original post and knew what he was saying. This response was shockingly on point

I +1 this advice. It took me much longer than one post to catch up though. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm :insane:

In my opinion, you can file a paypal claim, but do your research before you buy. Sorry to not sympathize more. Always contact the seller first though.

I love that you somehow translated that original post and knew what he was saying. This response was shockingly on point

I +1 this advice. It took me much longer than one post to catch up though. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm :insane:

No9man.png

Dude, pull up a chair...

Dude, face it. i am the most epic n00b ever.

You obviously never had to deal with a guy named Justin on here. lol

Back off. Justin Wing is NOT a n00b. He is an epic BOSS. Just cuz he's still pedigreed doesn't mean he isn't a total newbie! Harv is boss and don't you forget it!

Back off. Justin Wing is NOT a n00b. He is an epic BOSS. Just cuz he's still pedigreed doesn't mean he isn't a total newbie! Harv is boss and don't you forget it!

:gossip: Different Justin.

:gossip: Different Justin.

See. That just proves that I am a n00b and proud of it.